AbeBooks Finding Long Tail Book Business Lucrative
- Abebooks Raises New Book Quotient. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the decision of Abebooks to begin selling new books off its international sites in 2004. Percentage of the company's titles which accounts for new books; Reason for the company's move into new books; Similarity of Abebooks' new book business model with the one used for used books;...
- Abebooks to launch new title sales. Hanson, Cheri // Quill & Quire;Apr2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p20
Abebooks.Com, the world's largest online marketplace for used, rare, and out-of-print books, has quietly started allowing publishers to sell new titles directly to consumers on its four international sites. Launched in 1996, Abebooks, like online auction house, matches buyers with sellers, but...
- A gentle madness. Smith, Stephen // Quill & Quire;Aug97, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1
Provides insights on running a successful rare-book dealership in Canada. Challenges faced by various dealers of rare and antiquarian books in running their stores; Criteria for judging whether a book is rare or valuable; Characteristics of book collectors; Strategies that dealers use to expand...
- Using Statistics. Berinstein, Paula // Searcher;May2005, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p40
This article presents a case study devised to illustrate how to evaluate information and find statistics of online book sales. It is no secret that the book industry has been undergoing an upheaval. From the invasion of the chain bookstores to the advent of online bookselling and now the promise...
- More booksellers report strong holiday sales, especially online. // Book Publishing Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the sales performance of booksellers in the United States during the holiday season of 1999. Increase of total sales at Ann Harbor, Michigan-based Borders; Experienced Internet users as buying more books online than from bookstores; Amazon.com at leader of online book sales.
- The net is nicer. Lynch, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/31/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6189, The Book Bulletin p18
Focuses on book buying in Australia. Effectivity of a sales tax on books beginning July 2000; Threat of Internet bookselling to traditional bookshops; Services offered by online bookshops; Cost disadvantage of international purchases.
- FULFILMENT. // New Media Age;11/27/2003, p40
Reviews the bookselling Web site Book People.
- ONLINE BOOKSELLING IN THE MIDDLE EAST. TAGHOLM, ROGER // Publishers Weekly;10/26/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 43, Special Section p21
The article offers information about online retailers Jamalon and Neelwafurat.com in the Middle East. It discusses the sales of their books and volumes. It mentions the growth and expansion of Jamalon and Neelwafurat.com. It discusses the popularity of online bookselling in the country as the...
- E-Commerce For Antiquarians. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p162
Focuses on Internet bookselling among used and antiquarian booksellers in the United States. E-commerce implementation offered by booksellersolutions.com; Strategy variations in using the Web; Benefits of a Web presence; Challenges of setting up a Web presence. INSET: Abebooks.com, Strand Add...