Weinstein Books Getting Started on First List to Debut Fall 2007
- Perseus Regroups. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 42, p4
The article discusses the reorganization of publishing firm Perseus Books Group, following its purchase by publisher Hachette Book Group. Topics include Hachette's failed plan to sell Perseus's distribution unit; the promotion of Perseus executives Susan Weinberg and Mark Suchomel; and a...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;6/5/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p4
The article presents news briefs on the book industry in the U.S. Orbit is the name of the new science fiction and fantasy imprint to be started by Hachette Book Group USA in 2007. Norton and Workman have created a three-person field sales force that will sell both independent publishers' titles...
- ACQUIRING MINDS. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age;5/6/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 18, p48
The article speculates on an increase in the acquisition of business-to-business print media companies by private equity companies in the U.S. in 2002. Key issues discussed include the slowdown of acquisition activity during a recession and the expected market growth in the business-to-business...
- Brands that deliver consistently and are customer focused may survive a crisis. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;8/14/2014, p9
The article looks at crisis incidents affecting the reputation of brand-name products, noting an article on public relations in such incidents is in the current issue, and discusses the dispute between Internet retail firm Amazon and book publishers including Hachette over sales and prices of...
- An out-of-this-world merger. Hammond, Karen // Quill & Quire;Oct2003, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the merger of two of Canada's few science fiction publishers. Calgary, Alberta-based EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing announced that it had bought publishing company Tesseract Books. Candas Jane Dorsey and Tim Anderson, Tesseract's principal owners and editors,...
- Crossing borders. MacDonald, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p15
The article focuses on the opening of a new Canadian office by Hachette Book Group on January 1, 2009 and its possible impact to the whole publishing industry in the country. Accordingly, observers in the Canadian publishing industry have had a variety of responses to Hachette's new office....
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;9/14/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 37, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry in the U.S. on topics including the sale of Hachette Book Group Inc. by Perseus Books Group, merger of Penguin Publishing Group and Tarcher Books, and the authors' income study by the professional organization Authors Guild.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 31, p4
This section offers news briefs relating to the publishing industry as of August 2016 including the decline in sales at Hachette Book Group, the increase in the operating income of Simon & Schuster and the close by Trusted Media Brands of its children's publishing unit.
- LI Entertainment News sold in Improper deal. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/31/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 61, p5a
Reports on the acquisition deal between the publishers of "The Improper Magazine" and the "Long Island Entertainment News" in New York. Refusal of the publishers to disclose the terms of the agreement; Conditions of the agreement; Benefits from the deal.