20 YEARS AGO
- Aventis Merger Saved by Kuwaiti Shareholder Approval. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/19/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 19, p17
Provides information on the written confirmation given by the board of Kuwait Petroleum Corp. (KPC) to the management boards of Hoechst and Rhone-Poulenc (RP) that it supports in principle the planned merger of Hoechst and RP into Aventis. Impact of the endorsement by KPC to the merger; Terms...
- Hoechst-RPR plasma venture. // Chemical Week;1/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p6
Reports that Hoechst and Rhone-Poulenc Rorer (RPR) has formed a United States-based plasma therapeutics venture. Name of the new company; What Hoechst has contributed.
- Hoechst Delays Major Meetings On Merger With Rhone-Poulenc. MILMO, SEAN // Chemical Market Reporter;03/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the decision of Hoechst to delay the meeting of its supervisory board and shareholders pertaining to its life scienecs merger with Rhone-Poulenc. Information on the company that will be formed from the merger; Options considered by Hoechst for its Celanese company.
- Hoechst Board Votes on Aventis. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/10/99, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the approval of Hoechst supervisory board on its merger with Rhone-Poulenc company to form the life science company Aventis. Terms of the merger deal; Companies involved in the demerger deal.
- RP buys ChiRex acetaminophen business. // Chemical Week;4/16/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 15, p5
States the purchase of ChiRex Incorporated's acetaminophen business by Rhone-Poulenc company. Cost of the acetaminophen business; Provisions under the terms of the agreement.
- Rhone-Poulenc buys Korean pesticides formulator. Gain, Bruce // Chemical Week;7/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 28, p19
Reports that Rhone-Poulenc (RP) company has agreed to buy 86 percent stake in the Korean herbicide, fungicide and insecticide formulator Chunjin company based in Seoul. Sales revenues of Chunjin in 1997; Comment from Michel Maupu, president and chief executive officer of RP.
- Hoechst Shareholders Approve Aventis Move Despite Late Filibuster. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/19/99, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p8
Announces the approval of Hoechst company shareholders on the merger plans of the firm with Rhone-Poulenc company. Information on the planned formation of the life science company Aventis; Details on the merger deal.
- World Scene. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p70
Presents news briefs about the chemical industry from around the world as of September 1999. Agreement between Albemarie company and Beijing Yanhua Petrochemical Co. to form a fine chemicals joint venture in China; Acquisition of Dongsung Chemical Industrial company by Akzo Nobel subsidiary Eka...
- New #2, as Rhone-Poulenc, Hoechst merge drug units. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the agreement of pharmaceutical companies Hoechst AG and Rhone-Poulenc SA to merge their drug and agrochemical units into a joint venture called Aventis. Merging plans; Projected total annual sales of Aventis; Views on the merger.