US numbers take the plunge
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/07/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 6, p8
Presents news briefs on petrochemical industry as of February 2000. Contract prices of benzene, toluene and xylene; Price of butadiene.
- Butadiene Prices Rise as Supply Tightens. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/16/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p29
Reports on the increase in butadiene prices as of June 2004. Reasons for the price increases and tight supply of butadiene; Extraction margins of the chemical; Factors that have contributed to reduced butadiene imports; Reason for the increase in demand and production of butadiene-based...
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/01/99, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p14
Presents news briefs on petrochemicals industry in the United States as of March 1, 1999. Spot benzene prices; Decline in butadiene stocks; Information on ethylene contracts.
- Still on a high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p14
Presents a 2005 outlook on the prices and margins related to the Asian petroleum chemicals industry. Fluctuation of ethylene prices; Expectation on propylene shortages; Reason cited for the increase in the prices of butadiene.
- Contracts dominate thoughts. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p46
The article presents an overview of the commodity petrochemical markets as of December 2006. Butadiene prices in Asia fall by more than $100/tonne on weak demand and rising inventories. The first ethylene December-January bi-monthly contracts have been agreed down â‚¬ 55/tonne at â‚¬...
- Strong Demand Drives Butadiene. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;4/27/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 14, p23
Reports on the performance of the butadiene spot market in Europe as of April 2005. Status of butadiene supply; Demand for butadiene in Europe; Prices of butadiene.
- Prices Rising on Supply Tightness and Growing Demand. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;12/13/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 30, p29
This article reports on the upward trend for North American olefins prices in December 2010 due to renewed demand among buyers and tightened supplies. The price of polymer-grade propylene rose to about 59-69 cents per pound, while December contracts increased by three cents per pound for both...
- Katrina rouses Asian olefins. Viswanathan, Prema; Tan, Steve; Yan, Helen // Asian Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 505, p28
Reports on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on olefins market in Asia as of September 5, 2005. Counter effect of plant shutdowns and high crude; Factors that will exert an upward pressure on Asian propylene prices; Reason behind the lack of effect of plant shutdowns in the ethylene prices.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/9/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 28, p16
Provides updates on the petrochemical industry in the United States as of July 2001. Prices and domestic demand for butadiene; Cost of ethylene glycol; Transaction price of methanol; Factors affecting the prices of talon and xylene.