Hikes after MEK probe
- China objects to MEK imports. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p32
This article reports on the plans of China's domestic methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) producers to petition the Chinese government to launch an anti-dumping investigation targeting imports mainly from Japan. The three MEK producers in Japan are Maruzen Petrochemical, Idemitsu Kosan and Tonen Chemical,...
- China Launches Dumping Investigation into the Imported MEK. // China Chemical Reporter;12/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p6
The article reports that the Chinese Ministry of Commerce will launch dumping investigation into the imported methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) from Japan, Taiwan province and Singapore. MEK is an organic solvent used in several industries including refining, dyestuff, coatings, flavor, adhesive, and...
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone. // Chemical Week;6/30/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 25, p28
Offers a look at the methyl ethyl ketone market (MEK). Prices of MEK in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific; Growth in demand for MEK market; Factors that influence the price increase of MEK; Producers planning to increase their capacity.
- Some report pricing slump. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/21/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 22, p38
The article offers information concerning price hikes and pricing slump on chemicals including methylene chloride, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropanol and epichlorohydrin. It mentions that while more chemical products are increasing prices, Chinese epicholorohydrin prices dropped steeply for the...
- product focus. // Chemical Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p26
Presents an update on the methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) market as of December 10, 2003. Price of MEK in the U.S., Europe and the Asia Pacific; Outlook for the market; Statistical data on worldwide MEK production.
- Europe, US MEK prices on upswing. BARKER, CHRIS; GUY JR, ANDREW // ICIS Chemical Business;11/24/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 18, p16
The article discusses changes in the methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) chemical market. Topics discussed include high prices in Europe, production issues of European suppliers and resulting high demand from U.S. sources, and expectations that the price will continue to rise. The article also discusses a...
- US MEK prices plunge on imports. Guy, Andrew // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2015, Issue 3228, p1
The article discusses the fall in the price of methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) in the U.S. due to larger imports of the chemical from Asia. Topics include increasing competition between the U.S. and Asia, Asian suppliers' decision to export the chemical due to production and supply-chain issues, and...
- ...rollover for MEK. // Chemical Week;11/20/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 45, p48
States that methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) prices may not increase in January 1997. Forecast the MEL will roll over for the second consecutive quarter; Balance in market predicted to remain into first-quarter 1997.
- China Announces Dumping Investigation on BDO. Wang, Lily // China Chemical Reporter;10/16/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p7
The article reports on the dumping investigation on 1,4-butanediol (BDO) from Saudi Arabia and Chinese Taiwan province in China. The Ministry of Commerce (MC) accordingly put this dumping investigation process on September 25, 2008. BDO is noted to have been used for the manufacture of...