Jv plans world's largest TDI facility
- BASF, Dow assess TDI plant. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Dec/Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
The article deals with the plans of BASF AG and The Dow Chemical Co. to conduct a joint feasibility study on building a plant to make toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and precursors at one of their integrated sites in Europe. The two suppliers said this plant would be the world's largest such...
- BASF announces a 300,000 metric ton production plant for TDI in Ludwigshafen. // Paintindia;Feb2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p146
The article reports that chemical firm BASF has planned to construct a chemical plant for the production of toluene diisocyanate in Ludwigshafen, Germany with initial annual capacity of 300,000 metric tons.
- LUDWIGSHAFEN CHOSEN TO HOUSE BASF'S 300 KTPA TDI PLANT. // Urethanes Technology International;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the confirmation of BASF SE for its plan to invest 1 billion euros for the creation of a single-train 300-kilotonnes-per-annum (ktpa) toluene diisocyanate plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany, which will operate by the end of 2014.
- BASF to build world's largest single-train TDI plant in Europe. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2011, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p59
The article focuses on the plan of BASF to construct the world's biggest single-train toluene diisocyanate plant in Europe.
- NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. // Chemical Week;10/11/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 24, p21
This section offers news briefs on construction projects in the chemical industry. BASF is planning to build a quaternized cationic monomers plant and a cationic polyacrylamides plant in Nanjing, China. Marubeni is conducting a feasibility study for a methanol plant in Ghana. A joint venture was...
- DOW LOOKS AT ADDING TDI IN LATIN AMERICA. // Urethanes Technology International;Apr/May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that Dow Polyurethanes is examining the feasibility of expanding toluene diisocyanate (TDI) production at its 60 kilotonnes-per-annum facility in CamaÃ§ari, Brazil. According to Dow, the expansion involves using a new process technology designed to turn CamaÃ§ari into a...
- BASF and Markor Plan to Establish Two JV for Butanediol and Polytetrahydrofuran in China. // China Chemical Reporter;3/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the intention of chemical companies BASF SE and Xianjiang Markor Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. to build two chemical plants in Korla, China after the two companies signed joint venture agreements for the production of butanediol and polytetrahydrofuran.
- DOW TO BUILD PROPYLENE GLYCOL UNIT IN THAILAND. // Chemical Week;12/20/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 31, p4
This article focuses on the plan of Dow Chemical to build a propylene glycol plant in Map Ta Phut, Thailand.
- PG Production Constrained By PO. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the restriction of the operating rates of propylene glycol as of April 20, 2005. Reasons behind the restriction of the rates; Tightness of the demand for the chemical in 2004; Plan of Dow Chemical and BASF to build a hydrogen peroxide-propylene oxide plant in Antwerp, Belgium.