Taiwan goes ahead with food plastic ban
- ENVIRONMENTAL LANDSCAPE. // Taiwan Country Profile;2011, p68
The article presents an analysis on the environmental development in Taiwan. It mentions that rapid industrialization has caused substantial environmental damage to the country and its Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was given the responsibility to monitor environmental issues and regulate...
- A study of particulates and metallic element concentrations in temple. Fang, G. C.; Lin, S.J.; Lee, J.F.; Chang, C. C. // Toxicology & Industrial Health;Mar2009, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p93
Concentrations of ambient suspended particulates were measured at Tzu Yun Yen temple in Taiwan (120Â°, 34', 46.2"E, 24Â°, 16', 17.1"N), where semi-open incense burning is characteristic. Many pilgrims from different areas with various beliefs visit the temple and burn incense. Samples were...
- Can it do the job? PP has its backers. Doba, Jinida // Plastics News;2/14/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 52, p1
Focuses on the efforts of thermoformers to improve polyethylene and polystyrene (PP) cup and container production in the United States. Factors considered in producing PP cups and containers; Comparison between injection molded and thermoformed PP cups and containers; Availability of equipment...
- Calif. stiffens 'e-friendly' plastics rules. Toloken, Steve // Waste News;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the requirement for manufacturers of plastic containers in California to make their products more environment friendly. Goal to improve the recycling rate for plastic products; Deadline for the compliance of companies.
- MUSIC MAKES GARBAGE DAY FUN. // Making Music (1552-2946);May/Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the trash pickup program of the Taiwan's Environmental Protection Administration, wherein the country's garbage trucks sports speakers play music that signals for their arrival for garbage collection.
- IN TAIWAN, MOTORBIKES MADDEN MOST. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;May2011, p134
The article reports that almost 4,000 noise pollution complaints were received by the Environmental Protection Agency of Taiwan between September 2009 and February 2011 mostly on motorbike noise.
- TAIPEI TOPS TAIWAN'S NOISE COMPlAINTS. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;May2013, p141
The article reports that Taipei was ranked number one in Taiwan's list for the number of noise complaints based on the annual statistics released by the Environmental Protection Administration (EPA).
- AT DEADLINE. // Waste News;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the possibility of the California packaging industry's exemption from an environmental campaign due to the high recycling rate for plastic containers in the state.
- ANALYSIS OF HOUSEHOLD ENVIRONMENTAL BEHAVIOUR REGARDING WASTE SEPARATION: A CASE STUDY OF NOVE SADY. Báreková, Anna; Kondrlová, Elena // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2016, Vol. 1, p49
Current policy instruments in waste management were insufficient to promote environmentally friendly behaviour in Slovakia. Slovakia remains among the countries with the highest landfilling rate (70% of municipal waste deposited in landfills in 2014). A new National Waste Act entered into force...