PE price probe results due
- Price-fixers hit by fines. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;2/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 55, p13
The article reports on the fines handed by the South Korean Fair Trade Commission to ten South Korean petrochemical producers for price-fixing in plastics and synthetic resins, according to local media reports. The companies were found to have been colluding on prices for products such as...
- Intel draws ire of Korean antitrust authorities. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/17/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 38, p15
The article reports that chipmaker Intel Corp. has come under fire the possible infringement of foreign antitrust laws. The Korean Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) has finished its two-year-long investigation into the business practices of Intel and has sent a statement of objections to the firm....
- Korea FTC Visits Intel. Davis, Jessica // Electronic News;2/13/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p63
The article reports on the unscheduled visit made by the Korea Fair Trade Commission to Intel's offices as part of its investigation into the company's business practices. The company released a statement on the said visit. Intel's rival Advanced Micro Devices alleges that the visit is part of...
- Asian action. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p14
Highlights developments in the Asian petrochemical industry from 1999 to 2004. Plan of the Hyundai group to depart from the petrochemical industry following a proposed merger between Hyundai Petrochemical and Samsung General Chemical in May 1999; Imposition of fines by the South Korean Fair...
- What's going on? Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p14
Examines the solution of the South Korean government to the overcapacity and profitability problems of its petrochemical industry. Reason for not loading a world-scale polyethylene plant with speciality grades; Business strategy of Basell for the domestic petrochemical market of South Korea;...
- Olefins ideas rise, lldPE increases too. // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p32
Reports that Asian olefin buying and selling ideas rose in May 2003. Factor that justified the higher olefin selling ideas; Reduction on capacity utilization at the crackers of Honam Petrochemical and Yeochu Naphtha Cracker Center in May 2003; South Korean ethylene settlement for May 2003.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p44
Presents news on the chemical industry as of September 25, 2002. Plan of Honam Petrochemical to close its cracker at Yosu, South Korea for a week in early October 2002; Average annual growth rate of the demand for petrochemicals in Asia/Pacific.
- Blast dashes ethylene hopes. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p28
Reports on the effect of a blast at Honam Petrochemical's polyethylene (PE) plant in South Korea on October 3, 2003 on ethylene prices in Asia. Damage caused by the accident; Increase in PE prices in China; PE buying interest from traders. INSET: HdPE up as Chinese buyers return to market.
- Honam eyes move into China with jvs. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p7
Reports on the plan of Honam Petrochemical to enter the Chinese market through joint ventures with local companies in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the company; Materials exported by Honam to China; Goal of the company.