Cognis Q3 profits up by 48%
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;12/12/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 40, p15
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe. Kemira says it has completed the purchase of Arkema's coagulants business for water treatment. Cognis reported net income for the first nine months up 16%, to â‚¬21 million ($30.9 million) before special items, on sales up...
- Cognis Expands Azelaic Acid. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/08/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p3
Reports that Cognis Corporation's performance monomer technology division has expanded its Cincinnati, Ohio manufacturing plant for azelaic acid production. Reason for the increased capacity; How azelaic acid is produced commercially.
- Free to Serve Henkel's Rivals. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/8/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 33, p53
Provides information on Cognis chemical company. Details on the formation of the firm; Business operation of the company; Market performance and status of the firm.
- Cognis Targets Value-Added Innovation to Expand Its Global Leadership. Ouellette, Jennifer // Chemical Market Reporter;06/12/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on Cognis chemical company. Details on its specialty chemical areas; Operation of the company; Financial data and performance of the firm.
- Cognis experiences a moderate first half. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/22/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the financial performance of chemical company Cognis in the first half of 2005. Increase in earnings and sales due to strong sales of fatty alcohols and primary surfactants.
- News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/11/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p11
Presents news items concerning the chemical industry, for the week of April 11-17, 2005. Disclosure by DSM Corp. in a trading update that its operating profit for the first quarter of 2005 will be around 40 percent higher than the previous year; Reduction in Cognis Corp.'s net loss in 2004;...
- Cognis sales and earnings increase significantly in first quarter of 2006. // Chemical Business;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p78
The article reports on the financial performance of specialty chemicals supplier Cognis for the first quarter of 2006. Net external sales, adjusted earnings before net financial result, income taxes, depreciation, amortization and exceptional items, and profit margin increased over the same...
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;05/08/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 19, p8
Presents news briefs about the European chemical industry as of May 8, 2000. Increased sales of Borealis; Sale of the production site of Cognis in Leeds, England; Operating profit posted by Novo Nordisk.
- Cognis, Lubrizol Deal. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/23/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the agreement between Cognis BV and Lubrizol Corporation.