5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;10/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p55
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry. Vinnolit has completed expansion of its paste polyvinyl chloride (PVC) capacity at Burghausen, Germany to 80,000 metric tons a year. Dow Chemical and Rohm and Haas have separately announced acrylic acid and esters price increases of...
- Vinnoit Hikes PVC Capacity at Cologne. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;8/13/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 21, p18
The article discusses the industrial capacity of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) producer Vinnolit and reports that Vinnolit will expand its industrial capacity for paste PVC at its Cologne, Germany plant by 2014 with investments from the private equity group Advent International.
- PVC output elevated. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;1/10/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2129, p35
Reports on the investments made by Vinnolit to expand its polyvinyl chloride (PVC) production at Knapsack and Burghausen, Germany. Reason behind the expansion; Effect of installing a spray dryer on production capacity; Annual capacity of PVC produced by Vinnolit.
- Vinnolit Expands Chlorine, VCM, PVC, at Burghausen. // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p14
Focuses on the efforts of Vinnolit to expand its business operations in Burghausen and Knapsack, Germany. Increase in capacities for chemicals manufactured by Vinnolit.
- Vinnolit Boosts Paste PVC for Eastern Europe. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/20/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 20, p6
The article reports that Vinnolit GmbH & Co., the world market leader in paste polyvinyl chloride (PVC), plans to increase by 10 percent its German-based capacity for the material partly because of a strong rise in demand in Eastern Europe. The expansion, derived from the emulsion PVC process...
- Middle East challenge for Dow. Gibson, Jane; Baker, John; O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p36
This article focus on the challenges facing Dow Chemical and other companies in the petrochemical industry in the Middle East as of September 2005. Project delays, lack of skilled manpower, poor logistics and dwindling associated gas reserves are all problems facing Middle East petrochemical...
- Vinnolit Realigns Marketing. // Chemical Week;9/16/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 34, p8
Reports that Vinnolit Kunststoff has reorganized its European marketing activities. European areas where subsidiaries were formed.
- A Lost Cause? Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;7/19/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p3
The author reflects on the lack of investments in the North American petrochemical industry in 2006. He points out the factors that influenced the investment trend. An overview of Dow Chemical's Middle East projects is presented. He questions the prospects for domestic petrochemical investments.
- Dow Announces Further Price Increases. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p18
The article reports that Dow Chemical Co. will raise the price of its products in China. It will have an additional 25% in July in an effort to offset the continuing relent less rise in the cost of energy and hydrocarbon feeds tocks. The company is also moving ahead with plans to temporarily...