5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Reliance Industries commissions polyester plant at Silvassa. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;May2014, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p72
The article reports that Reliance Industries Inc., a conglomerate holding company, started commercial production at its polyester filament yarn (PFY) facility at Silvassa, India as part of its petrochemical expansion plan.
- Petrochem set for 12-15% growth, says report. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p81
The article reports on the potential for the petrochemical industry of India to achieve a growth of 12% to 15% from 2008 to 2014 based on a study by Tata Strategic Management Group. The production is anticipated to rise from $15 to $18 billion in 2007 to $30 to $50 billion over the next five to...
- Petrochemical prices rise 30% in 6 months, raise packaging costs. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2013, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p51
The article reports on the 30 percent increase in the prices of petrochemicals in less than six months until October 2013. The price increase is said to be influenced by weak rupee, costly crude oil and the increase demand in the U.S. and Europe. According to analysts, higher prices will help...
- U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals;2005 4th Quarter, p27
This publication discusses the economic performance of the U.S. petrochemical and pharmaceutical industry and offers industrial forecasts for the upcoming economic years. Petrochemical supply in the country is recovering from disruptions in 2005 and is expected to stabilize by the first quarter...
- Capacity Outages Drive Ethylene Prices Higher. Bewley, Lindsey // Chemical Week;3/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p27
The article analyzes the increasing prices of ethylene as of March 2010. The 10 cts/lb increase in the prices of spot material is attributed to the firm demand and tight supply caused by capacity outages. With 13% of U.S. ethylene production capacity offline since the beginning of the month,...
- European Producers Keep Pace With Costs; Margins Expand. Sim, Peck Hwee; Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p55
Reports on the Western European petrochemicals and polymers industries' return on capital. Increase in return on capital and operating rates of the industries for the first quarter of 2004; Expansion of cracker operating rates; Rise of polyethylene and polypropylene prices.
- Out of control? Gibson, Jane; Brice, Andy // European Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2116, Special Section p26
Focuses on issues related to prices in the petroleum chemicals industry in Europe as of September 2004. Reasons behind oil price increases; Effect of prices on the production of benzene; Increase in the price of propylene.
- After the storm: Katrina impact widens. Baker, John // European Chemical News;9/12/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2162, p5
Expresses an opinion on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the petrochemical industry. Factors that contributed to problems in global petrochemical production and price increases; Effect of the insatiable demand of the U.S. for gasoline on the industrial crisis; Significance of short-term fuel...
- Cytec announces price increases on its UV/EB curable resins product range. // Paintindia;Aug2010, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p141
The article announces price hikes for Cytec Industries Inc.'s UV/EB Curable Resinsproduct range, including oligomers, monomers and epoxy acrylates.