Russian republic to sell stake
- Russian market transforms. BLAGOV, SERGEI // ICIS Chemical Business;1/10/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 2, p26
The article presents information on the petrochemical market of the Russian Federation. In November 2010, Salavatnefteorgsintez JSC announced that it had begun full-scale production of injection high density polyethylene (HDPE) at a new 120,000 tonne/year facility. The country's Alco-Nafta would...
- Sale of Petkim group to be restarted. // European Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2067, p7
Reports on the sale of Turkish petrochemical group Petkim in November 2003. Reason for cancelling the sale of the government's stake in Petkim; Comments from Metin Kilci, head of the privatization authority.
- Petrocorp: Investors are keen but cautious. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 433, p6
Reports on the negotiations between Philippine polypropylene producer PetroCorp and European petrochemical producers for the possible sale of company stocks in 2004. Background on PetroCorp; Obstacles to the stock disinvestment plans; Remarks from Petrocorp chairman Antonio Garcia.
- Polyurethanes firming on closures. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/31/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 15, p40
Reports on the intention of several U.S. polyurethane producers to exit from the market. Discontentment of producers on failure of business conditions to generate profits; Concerns on the increasing prices of raw materials; Struggle to face the hurdles presented by back-to-back hurricanes.
- Shell Chemicals Boosts Competitiveness; Aims for $800 MM in Capital Investments. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p1
Reports that Shell Chemicals is boosting competitiveness by cutting costs in its core petrochemicals business and bringing on low-cost world-scale capacity. Budget of the company for its capital expenditures in 2001; Completion of Shell's divestment program in March 2001; Focus of the company...
- Introduction of a new visbreaking unit at Salavatnefteorgsintez Co. Efremov, A.; Myachin, S.; Zaitsev, V.; Galiev, R.; Lebedev, Yu.; Levandovskii, A.; Nikolaev, A.; Ludchenko, V. // Chemistry & Technology of Fuels & Oils;Nov2010, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p232
new visbreaking unit with output of 1.5 million tons a year in vacuum resid was started up at Salavatnefteorgsintez Co. A separate reaction chamber (soaker) is provided in the unit for increasing the degree of feedstock conversion and reducing coking of furnace coil tubes. To increase takeoff of...
- Polish Government Maintains Grip on PKN. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/23/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Poland's government appears to have won a battle for control of oil and petrochemicals group PKN Orlen SA, following the ouster of its president and chief executive Jacek Walczykowski less than three weeks after his appointment. Government's use of its 27 percent stake in the...
- PKN Orlen to Gain Control of Unipetrol. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/14/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the agreement between PKN Orlen SA and National Property Fund for the control of Unipetrol AS, the oil and petrochemicals company in Czech Republic. Amount paid by PKN; Citation of the expected merger of PKN with MOL; Problem over the stake held by the Polish government in PKN.
- Expanded EU Reveals Dramatic East/West Contrasts in Petrochemicals. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;5/3/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 18, p6
Examines the petrochemical industry in Western and Eastern Europe. Divestment of olefin producer BP Corp.'s operations for ethylene, bulk polymers and acrylonitrile; Expansion of PKN Orlen SA, Poland's main oil and petrochemicals company, into petrochemicals; Return on average age capital...