ICI's quest for realignment
- ICI says, `see ya.' // Beverage World;09/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1645, p16
Reports on the plans of ICI to sell its polyester polymer interests to DuPont company. Location of other sites sold by the company.
- Akzo Nobel to Acquire ICI for $16.1 Billion in Cash. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 27, p6
This article reports on the acquisition of ICI by Akzo Nobel. The agreed offer is at Â£6.79/share, of which Â£6.70 is in cash, and the remainder is in dividends. Akzo claims it will fund the ICI deal with proceeds from the Henkel agreement, as well as proceeds from the sale of Akzo's Organon...
- Quest triggers ICI crisis. // Process Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p3
Reports that Quest International has triggered a crisis at ICI due to the introduction of a new SAP ERP system installed last year which costs millions to repair.
- ICI Plans Offering to Cut Debt. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the plan of ICI to offer shares to stockholders and divest Synetix, its catalyst business as of February 6, 2002. Worth of shares offered by ICI; Amount of debt owed by ICI to its creditors; Downgrading of ICI's credit rating in 2001.
- Food Maker Buys ICI's Food Ingredients. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the food ingredients business of Quest International by Kerry Group from ICI. Chemical products produced by the business; Reason for the sale of the business; Plan of ICI for Quest.
- Croda Acquires Uniqema from ICI. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p8
This article states that Croda International has agreed to acquire ICI's Uniqema oleochemicals and derivatives business for Â£ 410 million. Croda will pay ICI Â£ 370 million in cash and assume Â£ 40 million of unfunded pension liabilities on completion of the deal in the third quarter....
- ICI Mulls Disposal of Uniqema and Quest. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/9/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the consideration given by ICI on the proposed sale of its Quest fragrance and flavors operation and its Uniqema oleochemical activity. Decline of earnings; Effort of recovering from the failure of a newly installed information technology system at Quest; Result of a weak fragrances...
- Givaudan to Buy ICI's Quest Flavors and Fragrances Unit. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;11/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p8
The article reports on the plan of Givaudan Co. to acquire the flavors and fragrances business of ICI Co. Givaudan says it has signed an agreement to buy the flavors and fragrances business of ICI called Quest International for Â£1.2 billion ($2.4 billion), in a deal that will solidify...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;12/20/2000-12/27/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 47, p34
Presents an update on the specialty chemical industry as of December 27, 2000. Alliance formed by Givaudan and Quest International of ICI with DigiScents; Acquisition of Reckitt Benckiser's Gesal brand plant protection business by Compo; Information on the deal signed by Ciba Specialty...