Netting relief is here
- Tax season to open late this year. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/16/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding the delay of tax refunds and filing for individual income tax returns in January 2013 due to the changes made under the American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA).
- BB&T to Appeal Tax Refund Ruling. Davis, Paul // American Banker;1/8/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p19
The article states that the banking company BB&T Corp. will appeal a ruling from the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina that blocked its efforts to reclaim a tax refund from the federal government. The BB&T lawsuit seeking the refund was tied to a lease-in, lease-out...
- Weighing In On Reporting Requirements for Tax Law Noncompliance. // National Public Accountant;Apr/May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p28A
The article reports on the request of Democratic Senator Kent Conrad of North Dakota to assist the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in combating the tax gap by imposing reporting requirements for transactions. Because of this, it was stated that the IRS budget should be increased and...
- REFUND ANTICIPATION LOANS AND THE TAX GAP. Book, Leslie // Stanford Law & Policy Review;2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p85
The article discusses the initiatives of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service in reducing non-compliance linked with lower-income individuals inquiring about the refund anticipation loans (RALs). It is indicated that the RALs are loans acquired by the taxpayers' expected tax refunds and eventually...
- IRS may have your dough. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p14
No abstract available.
- Mailbox Enough for Mailbox Rule. // Practical Accountant;Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the claim for a refund by taxpayer Sorrentino from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Testimony of Sorrentino on the postage of an original tax return; Treatment of a photocopy of the return by the IRS; Justification of the entitlement of a tax refund claim by Sorrentino.
- Thousands of Undelivered Refunds. // Practical Accountant;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's search for individuals to whom undelivered tax refund checks are due.
- My BEST business scenario. Brinster, Gary // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/27/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 60, p11A
Relates the business experience regarding tax refunds in the U.S. Interaction with clients facing audits with the Internal Revenue Service; Amendments on the tax returns of the client; Concern of the client on tax fines.
- Encouraging direct deposit of tax refunds. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec98, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p66
No abstract available.