REVISITING THE CONCEPTUAL DEFINITION OF DIRECT MARKETING: PERSPECTIVES FROM PRACTITIONERS AND SCHOLARS
- Direct Perspective. Bunish, Christine // Advertising Age;10/3/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 35, pC7
The article, part of a special advertising section, presents comments on direct, integrated and interactive marketing from various marketing executives, who discuss the use of those marketing techniques in the operations of their companies. Executives who offer comments include Florence Ho of...
- MOVERS AND SHAKERS. Darby, Ian // Campaign (UK);10/5/2001, Issue 40, p26
Reports developments in direct marketing agencies in Great Britain as of October 2001. Use of mixed media in marketing campaigns; Decline in interactive media campaigns; Decrease in merger activities among agencies.
- TO THE POINT. // B to B;08/28/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p18
Presents statistics indicating the growth of employment in the interactive marketing sector according to research findings from the Direct Marketing Association.
- TOP 50 MARKETING SERVICES AGENCIES BY DISCIPLINE. // Advertising Age;4/30/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 18, pS-16
Charts are presented listing the 50 highest earning marketing service agencies in the fields of direct marketing, interactive marketing, and sales promotion for 2006.
- Marketing services agencies. Wylie, Kenneth; Endicott, R. Craig; Brown, Kevin; MacDonald, Scott; Schumann, Mark; Sierra, Jennie; Green, Andrew; MacArthur, Gregg; Matheny, Luke; Ryan, Mike // Advertising Age;5/17/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 20, pS-1
Reports on the growth in revenue of marketing services agencies in the U.S. in 2003. Percentage of growth in revenue; Rate of increase in revenue of interactive marketing; Revenue of direct marketing and sales promotion.
- Marketing body sets up 'leaders' training scheme. // Marketing (00253650);3/4/2004, p4
The Marketing Society has created a learning initiative intended to prepare senior marketing executives for marketing director roles. The Marketing Leaders Program, which has been created in association with marketing consultancy Brand Learning, promises to tackle the challenges a marketing...
- moving people. // Precision Marketing;6/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p43
Reports on appointments and promotions in the British direct marketing industry as of June 2003. Appointment of Kully Chhita as data manager at Preference Service; Salesforce.com's appointment of Craig Ramsey as chairman of distribution strategy; Stephanie Hamilton's assumption of the post of...
- Bring in the old sages to target the grey market. Aldridge, Steve // Precision Marketing;10/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p14
Comments on the need for old creative directors to help the direct marketing industry revive itself from a slump. Importance of target market insight from a creative perspective; Need to focus on campaigns for persons aged 50 and above.
- BRIEFS. // Marketing (00253650);5/17/2001, p15
Presents updates on direct marketing in Great Britain as of May 17, 2001. Appointment of Su Johnstone as creative services director of 141; Dulux Trade's direct marketing campaign; Citroen UK's selection of Identex to develop its customer database.