Internet Resources for Security Training
- ON HIGH ALERT. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p54
Presents the web site us-cert.gov/cas developed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Software SCRUBS MOBILE APPS. KENYON, HENRY S. // Signal;Feb2014, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p48
The article focuses on the CarWash cybersecurity tool developed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to help software developers check their code against various government guidelines to ensure security and safety of mobile applications as of February 2014. Topics discussed include...
- DHS S&T Issues RFI for Foliage Penetrating Sensors. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/18/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p19
The article reports that a Request for Information (RFI) for ground-based systems or components capable of detecting, classifying and reporting personnel and vessel or vehicle movement through foliage and or riverine environments has been issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security...
- The Buying Game. Harris, Shane // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on the issues concerning the U.S. Homeland Security Department in the acquisition of scanners, devices and other security technologies to manage security operations. Difference between acquisition and procurement Process involved in the acquisition of security technologies; Need for...
- New Tasks for a New Congress. Elber, Gail // Geospatial Solutions;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the effect of the developments in homeland security on the geospatial industry in the U.S. Programs of Dept. of Homeland Security for geospatial data; Finance for component agencies of DHS; Initiation of Federal Emergency Management Administration of an Interagency Geospatial...
- Homeland Security On Track For Air-bound Cargo Screening. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p1
The article presents information about the 2011 budget plans of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) related to airport and airplane security for Homeland in Baltimore, Maryland.
- DHS S&T Issues RFI for COTS Portable Bio-Detection System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/5/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses the request for information issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate, Chemical and Biological Defense Division on commercial off-the-shelf portable instrumentation capable of performing bio-threat identification from environmental...
- New Web Site Promotes Study in the States. // International Educator (1059-4221);Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the Study in the States Web site from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as part of its initiative to encourage international students and scholars to study in the states.
- Federal Cyber Security Leaders Want Faster Rollout Of Threat Monitoring Sensors, Study Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/2/2014, p1
A majority of federal cyber security leaders surveyed believe that a new cyber threat monitoring program being managed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)Â…