Virtual Tech for Incident, Fire Command
- Surprise Packages. CIAMPO, MICHAEL N. // Fire Engineering;Dec2016, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p104
The article presents the author's insights on his experience in the fire service regarding a store or a commercial structure. Topics discussed include the security system of the store, the use of thermal imaging camera (TIC) to search for signs of fire, and the lack of security sysem on the...
- Rush to the Rescue! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p7
Presents a guide to teachers in educating students about the job of firefighters and fire-prevention unit. Activities involved in the subject; Information on the fire equipment; Resources.
- Saving property: Salvage operations, part 3. PASCOCELLO, JR., ANTHONY J. // Fire Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p69
Part III. Discusses how properly deployed salvage covers can protect contents and catch runoff water during fire fighters' salvage operations. Precautionary measure before conducting water removal operations; Several way of removing water; Other equipments used in removing water in salvage...
- PROPER POSITIONING OF APPARATUS. Lopina, Michael J. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p34
Reports the importance of proper positioning of apparatus on the success of fire fighters operation in New York. Advantage of proper staging and vehicle placement; Role of incident commander in eliminating freelancing; Factors contributing to the limitation of fire access.
- Industry Knowledge. Dornan, Scott // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p70
The article focuses on the management of industrial fire incidents. Industrial events are quite often caused by human failure--of industrial plant or fire service personnel. According to the author, a firefighter's familiarity with industrial facilities in his response area can decrease incident...
- Correction: Mortality Due to Malignant and Non-Malignant Diseases in Korean Professional Emergency Responders. Ahn, Yeon-Soon; Jeong, Kyoung Sook // PLoS ONE;9/25/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
No abstract available.
- Training Notebook: IT'S NOT THE GLOVES; IT'S YOU. Dow, Paul // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p18
The article focuses on the issue regarding firefighters in the U.S. on the difficulty of using structure gloves. It was stated that with proper training, anyone can operate with a high level of proficiency while wearing the most cumbersome structure gloves. A certain fire department in the...
- National Fire Fighter Wildland Corp. Fire Control Concentrate. // Wildfire;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
The article offers brief information on the SILV-EX PLUS Class A foam concentrate from National Fire Fighter Corp.
- Definitely not Fireman Sam. // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
The article reports on the move of F&G Commercials to donate a MAXUS fire engine to firefighters in Yorkshire, England. According to the article, the fire engine vehicle features a space for breathing apparatus and carries two ladders. In addition, it states that the vehicle will be utilized by...