Hardening the Links Among the Controls
- Multi-building access needs met in different ways. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p47
Introduces several multi-building access systems. Software of IEI for retail and fast-food outlets; Hirsch Electronics' door controller with auto-dial firmware; Synergistics' dial-up solutions; Checkpoint Systems' corporate network solutions.
- More than a simple system. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the benefits of electronic access control systems for facilities. Integration features; Ability of system to track time/attendance; Special security functions. INSET: Multiple-purpose electronic key cards..
- ACCESS CONTROL. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Provides information on the use of electronic access controls (EAC) by corporate, institutional, and government organizations. Increase in the types of EAC technologies; Cards and badges; Photo identification; Security executives' rankings of the most effective EAC.
- Demand for electronic security continues to climb. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on the factors influencing the increase on the demand of electronic security systems in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Protection of the firm from terorist attacks; Efforts of the businessmen to monitor the performance of the company; Use of digital cameras.
- From Keys to Cards. Bennett, Mark S. // Buildings;Apr2010, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p34
The article discusses the advantages of electronic access control systems over mechanical lock systems. It cites that among the major benefits of an electronic access control is it mitigates the use of keys. The components of a controlled access door are also cited, including a card reader, an...
- HOW TO BUY MONITORING SERVICES. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p61
Provides information on how to shop for a monitoring company. Start by phoning the company; Make a checklist of what to ask; Need to know the number of accounts an signals that the company handle during peak times; Consideration in choosing a central monitoring station. INSET: Before You Buy.
- Acces control system using face image. Bobulski, Janusz // Control & Cybernetics;2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p691
Ensuring safety requires the use of access control systems. Traditional systems typically use proximity cards. Modern systems use biometrics to identify the user. Using biological characteristics for identification ensures a high degree of safety. In addition, biological characteristics cannot...
- ACCESS CONTROLS and LOCKS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p43
Presents a list of access controls and locks. Electronic access controls; Card access control systems; Card and card reader equipment.
- Car handle fingers criminals. // Engineer (00137758);10/31/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7687, p7
No abstract available.