The Globalization of Information Technology in Multinational Corporations
- How to Create a World-Class Tech Team. McCafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;11/6/2015, p2
The article discusses the report "The World-Class Performance Advantage: IT in the Era of Business Technology Convergence" which divides organizations in the category of World class companies that land in the top-quarter of information technology (IT) efficiency and a peer group that falls short...
- Locally organized trips coming up. Anglebrandt, Gary // Crain's Detroit Business;5/16/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p0013
The article focuses on the locally organized trade missions hold by Automation Alley to promote Michigan-made products. It says that the trade missions use information technology, advanced manufacturing and life sciences. It says that the Automation Alley mission began in 2002 and past missions...
- The new geography of corporate research in Information and Communications Technology (ICT). Cantwell, John; Santangelo, Grazia D. // Journal of Evolutionary Economics;2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1/2, p163
In the new ICT-based paradigm MNCs have increasingly locationally dispersed competence-creating activities. Using patent data granted in the US to the largest European-owned electronic corporations and all the largest companies in other industries for their ICT research in the European regions,...
- Larger enterprises taking to SaaS. // Communications News;Jun2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the result of a survey regarding the implementation of software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions in Fortune 500 and other large enterprises conducted by Kelton Research in the U.S. It shows that seven out of ten, or 73%, of the 100 executives interviewed stated that their...
- The MNC battleground. Parsons, Ross // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p26
Discusses information technology (IT) and communication operators and service providers' deals with multinational corporations (MNC). Relationship between providers and MNC; Fantastic Corp.'s target of Global 2000 companies; Lack of evidence to suggest that carriers make good IT service providers.
- Multinational Corporations. Stopford, John // Foreign Policy;Winter98/99, Issue 113, p12
Provides information on multinational corporations (MNC). Impact of globalization on MNC; How advances in information technology influenced the growth of MNC; How the influence of a MNC can be gauged.
- AN EYE ON ROI. // Export Today's Global Business;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p22
Discusses the significance of global software solutions to international companies. Decline in information technology software expenditure in the first quarter of 2001; Information on global contract manufacturing; Implication of strategic sourcing on global companies.
- SYRIA-US US. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);6/18/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4876, p11
The article reports on the move of executive officers from multinational U.S. information technology (IT) corporations to meet with high level Syrian officials in Damascus to discuss the means of cooperation in the IT field, such as education, training, and opening appointed centers in Syria.
- Ubiquitous Computing in the Multinational Enterprise. Roche, Edward M. // Journal of Global Information Technology Management (Ivy League ;2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Editorial. Comments on the saturation and standardization of information and communications technologies (ICT) throughout the multinational enterprise. Irrelevance of the study of ICT as it changes individual or departmental efficiencies; Collaborative performance metrics; Evolution of ICT in...