Chinese Promote Telecom Competition - And Stumble
- VoIP challenges China IDD. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Feb2000, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p12
Reports on challenges posed by local and foreign voice over Internet protocol service (VoIP) operators to China's international direct dial (IDD) operators. Growing popularity of IP phone cards; Complaint that VoIP services cost China Telecom millions in revenue by bypassing its international...
- China Telecom ventures into mobile services. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p4
Reports that China's fixed-line operator China Telecom Ltd. started offering a code division multiple access service in Shenzhen, a prosperous city adjacent to Hong Kong. Supplier of the handsets; Approval of the plan to split China Telecom into two parts; Reason for the plan to split China...
- Waiting for the law. Schwankert, Steven // Telecom Asia;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the impact of Telecom Draft Law on telecommunication industry in China. Development of consultation process in the industry; Accounts on the telecommunications code; Restructuring of China Telecom Ltd.
- Waiting for the big carve-up. Chen, Shu-Ching Jean // Telecom Asia;Oct2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the telecommunication development of China. Opposition against the break-up of China's last standing state-run telecom; Deliberation of China Telecom's IPO plans; Array of local phone loops in the Sischuan provinces.
- Holding the line. Clark, Robert K. // Telecom Asia;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the decision of several telecommunication companies to maintain the price of telephone calls in Taiwan. Expression of outrage over the increase fee in mainland China; Statement of Chang Feng-hsiung, vice president of Chungwa Telecom; Effort of reaching agreement with China Telecom...
- COMPETITION. // Telecom Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the concept of competition in the telecommunications industry in China. China Netcom's alleged cutting of telephone lines belonging to China Railcom; China Telecom's accusation against Railcom workers of assaulting two of its employees.
- China Telecom to become full partner in Globalstar. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p8
Announces that Globalstar L.P.'s full partner is China Telecom Group Limited. Amount of money China Telecom has agreed to invest in Globalstar; Information on China Telecom; Announcement from Loral Space and Communications.
- China's 3G battle rages on. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on the growing number of 3G network users in China with 51.212 million users from Chinese mobile communications provider China Mobile while China Telecom have 36.39 million of its iPhone users subscribed to the service.
- Interpreting the Chinese telecom market. Yap, Swee-han // Telecom Asia;Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p96
Revisits the defining events in Chinese telecommunications liberalization in 1998 and 1999. Creation of a new information super-ministry called the Ministry of Information Industry; Government's denouncement of the Chinese-Chinese-Foreign investment model; Breakup of China Telecom into four...