- Ball Wireless unveils new antennas. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Reports on Ball Wireless Communications Products' introduction of its new wireless communications antenna products. Features and functions.
- Wireless Web concept settles in. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/30/99, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p13
Reports that 3Com Corp.'s InterWorking Function, which links the wireless network with landline network, is one component that enable Wireless Web offering service. Features of the platform; How Sprint can ensure the success of its wireless services.
- Rounding Out The Big Picture. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p56
Reports on 3Com Corp.'s approach to develop brand identity for its wireless product lines. Partnership with Samsung; Competition challenge 3Com Corp. is facing; Product that could help the firm's Bluetooth market position.
- AirCell Geared For Takeoff. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the approval for AirCell to sell its airborne cellular system for airplanes in the United States. Restrictions given to AirCell by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau; Concern of wireless carriers; Handset cost; Target market of AirCell.
- Inside The Belly Of The Network Beast. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the role of 3 Com Corp. in the launching of the Wireless Web service of Sprint PCS. Functions of the hardware/software gateway combinations supplied by 3 Com to Sprint; Cost of each gateway per access port; Features of the Wireless Web service of Sprint.
- 3Com supplies wireless technology for Sprint Web service. // Networks Update;Oct99, p7
Reports that 3Com Corp. has supplied an integral part of the underlying wireless data access technology for the Sprint PCS Wireless Web service. Importance of 3Com's CDMA Interworking Function for Code Division Multiple Access networks; Significance of the launch of Sprint PCS Wireless Web service.
- 3Com technology to speed Sprint PCS Internet connections. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p5
Reports that 3Com Corp. is providing a network feature called QuickNetConnect to Sprint PCS' wireless Web services. Features and functions of the technology; Telecommunication services offered by the network.
- 3Com Opens The Bluetooth Spigot. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the companies that will offer devices based on the Bluetooth wireless technology. Difference of the Bluetooth cards offered by 3Com Corp. from others, according to its Product Manager Troy Holtby; Expected number of Bluetooth-enabled pieces of equipment that will be sold in 2005; One...
- 3Com's Palm tightens link to Web apps. Schwartz, Ephraim; Briody, Dan // InfoWorld;11/30/98, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on 3Com's plan to introduce a wireless version of the Palm Pilot at its developer's November 1998 conference in Santa Clara, California. Foundation for an initiative with Internet service providers; Enhancements made on the handheld computer, Palm V; Proposal to release a thinner form...