Look What's Growing In Silicon Valley
- WaveSpan offers broadband solution. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p28
Reports on the introduction of WaveSpan Corporation's WaveSpan 5800, a broadband telecommunication system. Ability of WaveSpan to support full-duplex Ethernet extensions; Installation of the system; Use of the product by Internet Service Providers.
- Wavespan's Next-Generation Microwave. // Business Communications Review;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p61
Introduces Wavespan's Stratum 100, a microwave system. Comments from Mike Kazban, Wavespan's vice president of marketing; Components of the system; Comparison from other microwave systems.
- Unlicensed to kill. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p18
Presents infromation on broadband wireless technology vendor Wavespan's Stratum 20 system. Information on DirectNET's use of Wavespan's 5800; Capabilities of Wavespan's equipment which attract carriers.
- Wireless data catches a new wave. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;09/14/98, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p31
Introduces the WaveSpan 5800, a wireless system to transmit data, developed by the WaveSpan Corp. Speed at which data is transmitted; Use of the system by competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC); Identification of companies that use the system.
- WaveSpan intros broadband wireless. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/31/98, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p14
Introduces WaveSpan's wireless broadband access product, the WaveSpan 5800. Internet service providers (ISP) and competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC) as target users; Operation of the wireless broadband access product in the unlicensed 5.8-gigaHertz frequencies; Delivery of a 10-megabit...
- Suns adds Pixo to tent of wireless offerings. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Pixo Inc. by Sun Microsystems Inc. Purpose of acquiring Pixo; Success of the Java 2 Micro Edition technology in the wireless industry; Benefits of the acquisition on Sun Microsystems.
- Pixo Cuts Staff, But Doors Remain Open. Bassuener, Kristy // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the downsizing of Pixo. Denial on the unconfirmed reports on the closure of the company; Product of the company; Investors of Pixo.
- Pixo pictures access beyond today's WAP protocol. Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p7
Reports on Pixo Inc.'s development of a software platform for mobile phones.
- PIXO PLATFORM 2.0 INTRODUCED FOR WIRELESS WEB PHONES. // Computer Protocols;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p2
Features the Pixo Platform 2.0 computer software introduced by Pixo, Inc. for wireless web phones.