Weeding Out Zombies Among Would-be PCS Subscribers
- TeleCorp launches in big easy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p72
Reports that TeleCorp PCS Inc. is planning to launch its first commercial market from New Orleans to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at Wireless '99 to be held in New Orleans. Introduction of an F-block personal communications services carrier within the first quarter of 1999; Utilization record of...
- TeleCorp raises $184M in IPO. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p5
Focuses on the initial public offering of United States-based TeleCorp PCS Inc. Volume of the transaction; Price per share; Major affiliate of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Subscriber base of the personal communications service systems provider.
- Telecorp PCS to introduce Two-Way Short Messaging Service. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p23
Reports that TeleCorp PCS Inc. launched its two-way Sunburst short messaging service in Puerto Rico. Key features of the company's short messaging service; Pros and cons of the service for consumers; Other target markets for the service.
- TeleCorp closes financing. // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p15
Reports that with a group of financial institutions led by Chase Securities Inc., TD Securities (USA) Inc. and Bankers Trust Company, TeleCorp PCS Inc announced it closed a deal that will give it $525 million in senior credit facilities. Comments from Gerald T. Vento, chief executive officer of...
- TeleCorp PCS Pre-Announces Net Additions. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p14
Reports on the subscriber growth of telecommunication company TeleCorp PCS for the second quarter of 2001. Percentage increase from the first quarter; Effort of the company to focus on increasing its postpaid subscribers.
- TeleCorp adds 70K subscribers in 2Q. // RCR Wireless News;7/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p14
Reports that the number of consumers subscribing to TeleCorp PCS Inc. increased in the second quarter of 2001. Details on the pre-pay and post-pay customers; Efforts of the company to increase its customer base.
- TeleCorp reports 145,000 subs in 4Q. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Cites the number of customers added by wireless telecommunication firm TeleCorp PCS Inc. to its subscriber base during the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Telecorp PCS opens customer-care center. // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p6
Reports on TeleCorp PCS Inc.'s opening of a customer care call center in Memphis, Tennessee.
- TeleCorp loss totals $23.4M. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p17
Reports on the second quarter 1999 corporate profits posted by TeleCorp PCS Inc.