Wireless Growth Fules Apples-to-apples Web Site Growth
- It's In The Touch. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p20
Reports on the strategies of some electronic retailers on selling wireless phones and service plans online. Business model of Point.com; Options being pursued by Cellmania.com; Why the majority of all wireless sales are done in retail stores; Why the higher penetration rates in the United...
- Portal's content management builds business. Blankenhorn, Dana // B to B;09/25/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p24
- Point.com adds new access points for shopping. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p74
Reports on online wireless telephone retailer Point.com's entry into separate agreements allowing users of ZDNet, `The New York Times' on the Web and `New York Today' to compare and buy wireless products and services over the internet.
- Cellmania launches ecommerce apps. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p31
Reports the launching of the electronic commerce solutions of Cellmania.com called Mfinder and Mstore created for businesses pursuing mobile customers in Mountain View, California.
- Do Those Roads Work for Pogo Sticks Too? Watson, Noshua // Fortune;11/13/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 11, p456
Focuses on Cellmaina, a wireless commerce company based in Mountain View, California. Use of scooters by the employees; Development of traffic lanes to mark pathways between cubicles; Management philosophy.
- Deal Strengthens Developer Network. // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p36
Deals with the licensing agreement between Cellmania and Motorola. Purpose of the agreement; Implication of the deal.
- Motorola invests in Point.com. // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p28
Reports on telecommunication firm Motorola Inc.'s infusion of venture capital in online retailer of telecommunication equipment Point.com Inc.
- Wireless Wisdom. Bodensteiner, Peter // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Feb2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p183
Features Point.com Inc.'s Web site for portable telephone and service plans. Information offerings; Ease of use.
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry as of January 3, 2000. Alliance of Cellmania.com with Yahoo! Inc.; Agreement between Motorola and Glenayre Technologies Inc.; Market trial of electronic banking service over wireless phones by Harris Bank of Chicago.