VoiceStream Takes Big Bite, Swims With The Sharks
- GSM goes national. // Telephony;09/27/99, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the acquisition of Aerial Communications by VoiceStream Wireless. Shortcoming of VoiceStream; Comment from Don Warkentin, president and chief executive officer of Aerial; Advantage of VoiceStream against its national competitors.
- Wireless mergers give providers national cachet. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;09/27/99, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p12
Details the deals among wireless operators to speed up the adoption of wireless voice and data services. Agreement between Bell Atlantic and Vodafone AirTouch to combine their operations in a single wireless network; Deal of VoiceStream Wireless to buy Aerial Communications; Advantages of the...
- Hollings, Dingell discount VoiceStream/DT merger. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the opposition against the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- VoiceStream Rings Up Chase BofA. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;10/25/99, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the arrangement of a credit facility supporting the acquisition of Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Arrangers of the deal; Benefit of the acquisition for VoiceStream; Companies that will invest in VoiceStream after its acquisition of...
- On-Line. Wickham, Rhonda; Reed-Flynn, Heather // Wireless Review;08/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p10
Focuses on various issues in wireless communication industry in the United States in 1999. Association of wireless phones with cancer; VoiceStream merging with Omnipoint; Aerial Communications' use of dry cleaning to illustrate the concept of crisp and clean communications to customers; Debate...
- VoiceStream closes on Aerial. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Aerial Communications Inc.
- VoiceStream Rolls In Aerial, Adds Subs. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the move of VoiceStream Wireless to merge its customer management system with the customer database of its acquired company, Aerial Communications. Marketing of the service; Plans of VoiceStream for its advertising campaign.
- At Year's End... Harter, Betsy; Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the mergers, price plans, subscriber growth and technology roll-outs in 1999 in the wireless communication industry. Factors considered by NeoPoint in designing its NeoPoint 1000 handset; Benefit offered by the merger of Aerial Communications and VoiceStream Wireless; How the calling...
- E-911 Life Line. // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p80
Presents a series of random calls to wireless service providers to determine how a customer might be treated and the accuracy of distributed information. Aerial Communications; Bell Atlantic Mobile; VoiceStream Wireless.