Behemoth Searches For Single Brand Identity
- Let's All Join Hands. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the continuation of a merger talks between Vodafone AirTouch and Bell Atlantic Corp. in the United States (US). Reasons for the two companies' strained relations in early 1999; Significance of the merger to Vodafone; Statistics on customers of Vodafone worldwide.
- Vodafone merger signals mobile future. B.M.C. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p15
Looks into British mobile telephone company Vodafone's merger with United States-based AirTouch Communications. Creation of a global wireless conglomerate; Competition with American local operator Bell Atlantic for AirTouch; Continued cooperation of AirTouch with Bell Atlantic's United...
- FCC approves mergers. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the approval of the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC's wireless assets. Terms of agreement.
- Here we go again ... carriers court AirTouch. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Reports on AirTouch Communications Inc.'s negotiations with telecommunications companies, Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone Group PLC, for a possible tie-up. Prospects for other potential bidders; Implications of a merger with either Bell Atlantic or Vodafone, on carriers; Driving force behind...
- `VodaBell'? Possible Trans-Atlantic Ties Have Many Observers On Edge. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p47
Reports on the negotiation for a possible merger between Vodafone AirTouch plc and Bell Atlantic Corp. Decline in the stocks of Vodafone; Move of Vodafone to review a number of options for developing its United States mobile operations.
- Merger to create a wireless giant. C.N. // PC Week;09/27/99, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the merger plans of Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone Air Touch PLC.
- A New Breed of Giant. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;09/27/99, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the merger between telecommunication companies Bell Atlantic and Vodafone AirTouch. Reason for the minimal impact of the merger during its initial stages; Advantage of the merged company against competitors; Significance of the deal to Vodafone AirTouch.
- VODAFONE DECISION WEIGHS ON VERIZON MERGER PLANS. Weber, Toby // Telephony;4/1/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 13, p17
Assesses the possibility that Vodafone will terminate its partnership with Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Terms of the partnership; Factors that will influence Vodafone's decision to withdraw from the partnership; Amount of the commitment of Vodafone to the government for the NextWave spectrum.
- Dividing PrimeCo Into Prime Cuts. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
Reports that Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC revealed plans for dividing the major trading areas of their subsidiary PrimeCo Personal Communications LP. Details on the division of properties; Issue regarding the PrimeCo brand name; Concerns over the transition from PrimeCo's...