The `M' Word Popping Up Yet Again
- A wireless WorldCom. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the merger between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Terms of the takeover agreement; Significance of the deal to MCI WorldCom's attempt to establish a nationwide wireless presence; Companies' acquisition of control of a large portion of the multipoint distribution services...
- d.C. BRIEFS. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p28
Presents news items related to wireless telecommunication industry in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes compromise between US and European Union on data privacy; Opposition to the merger of MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp.; Privatization of the International Telecommunications...
- MMDS next frontier for last-mile access. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the interest of Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc. in wireless broadband service in a bid to access local markets and bypass connection to regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Sprint's plan to purchase wireless cable operator People's Choice TV; MCI WorldCom's...
- Glancing Back, For The Journey Ahead. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p16
Looks back at the mergers and acquisitions in the wireless communications industry in 1999. Details on the acquisition of Sprint Corp. by MCI WorldCom; Amount of the bid of Vodafone PLC for United States carrier AirTouch Communications Inc.; Actions taken by Vodafone AirTouch in September 1999;...
- Merger heralds new telecom era. Grier, Peter; Thurman, James N. // Christian Science Monitor;10/6/99, Vol. 91 Issue 218, p1
Considers the potential impact of the proposed merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint Corp.
- Sprinting To the Finish Line. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the re-entry of MCI WorldCom Inc. into the wireless communication business. Plans of the company to acquire Spring Corp.; Significance of the deal; Reaction to the planned merger.
- Conditions Likely For New `WorldCom'. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the regulatory issues raised by the proposed merger between Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc. Comments of United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman William Kennard on the merger; Opponents of the merger; Wireless holdings of both companies.
- Third Force With Us. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p4
Focuses on the acquisition of Sprint Corp. by MCI WorldCom Inc. Estimated enterprise value of Sprint PCS; Wireless Web service launched by Sprint PCS; Benefits of the deal for MCI.
- The Miracle Cure. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;07/05/99, Vol. 237 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the resurgence of the multichannel, multipoint distribution service (MMDS), a communication access method, among telecommunication companies. Advantages of the method; How Sprint and MCI WorldCom helped revive MMDS; Plans of AT&T to buy cable companies in response to MMDS usage.