The Word From on High
- Netting the Young. // Journal of Property Management;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p8
Looks at the views of Ted Leonsis, president of America Online Services on the effects of the Internet. Number of consumers that bought personal computers in 1999 for the first time; Preference of children to spend more time on the Internet than watch television.
- AOL exec talks web brands. // Crain's New York Business;05/11/98, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p38
Reports that Ted Leonsis, the president of America Online Studios company, will discuss brand management for Internet businesses, at Crain's/Coopers Summit '98, in New York. Other topics that Leonsis will discuss; Venue and time of the conference; Identification of other speakers at the conference.
- Swomi Shoots For A Data Hole-In-One. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p30
Reports on the wireless technology called Swomi which stands for seamless, wireless, omni-directional, mobile Internet demonstrated by Jay Knabb at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center where participants at the Dupont World Amateur Golf Championship on South Carolina gather. What Knabb insists...
- FWA broadens its scope. Klein, Allan // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Explores the revenue opportunities of broadband fixed wireless access (BFWA) for both urban and rural operators. Worldwide deployment rate of FWA technology; Demand for high-speed access to the Internet; Availability of standards-based end-user devices; Development of non line-of-sight...
- ONSAT.NET INAUGURATES WIRELESS INTERNET IN HONDURAS. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2000, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p4
Reports the inauguration of OnSat Solar.net Village, wireless Internet installation in San Ramon Centro, Honduras in December 2000.
- CMCC SELECTS OPENWAVE/SIEMENS FOR WIRELESS INTERNET IN CHINA. // Worldwide Telecom;Mar2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the selection of Openwave Systems Inc. by China Mobile Communications Corp. to supply mobile Internet services to subscribers in China.
- @Motion Plans to Link Internet With Any Wireless Handset. // Telephone IP News;Aug99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the plan of @Motion Inc. to link the Internet with wireless handsets enabling access to any Web-based information or service from any wireless handset or any wireless network. Information on @Motion; Overview and availability of @Motion's Internet voice portal server; Significance of...
- No wires-no strings. Tierney, Stephen // Frontline Solutions;May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the benefit of mobile workforce in wireless enterprise. Access of handset manufacturers to Internet; Use of wireless enterprise solution in business process; Emphasis on enterprise mobile solutions market.
- InfoSpace integrates Cell-Loc technology. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p24
Announces that wireless location service provider Cell-Loc Inc. and Infospace Inc., a provider of infrastructure services for wireless devices, have made an agreement to speed up the delivery of advanced location-based wireless Internet services to mobile-device users in North America.