Preaching Microloans to Hedge Funds
- CLASS OF '07 THE SOCIAL CAPITALIST AWARD WINNERS. // Fast Company;Dec2006/Jan2007, Issue 111, p70
The article presents a list of the 2007 Social Capitalist Award Winners who have contributed to promoting social entrepreneurship. Included on the list is Accion International, headed by MarÃa Otero, which trains banks to help microfinance small loans to help poor people start their own...
- 5-year winners. // Fast Company;Dec2007/Jan2008, Issue 121, p115
The article reports on chief executive officers and organizations that offer philanthropy, social service, and corporate management. Maria Otero of Accion International directs small loans to companies to aid in employment. Michael Brown of City Year sends teams of young persons into inner city...
- Within Reach. Landis, David // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p96
Focuses on the popularity of hedge-style funds-of-funds. Benefits posed to clients; Concept of hedge funds; Concerns of financial advisers regarding hedge funds.
- Bigger investors stay in (for now). Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;11/30/98, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on hedge fund redemptions in the United States in 1998.
- The Cost of Funds of Funds. Brown, Stephen // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p41
Discusses some practical considerations associated with hedge funds. Difficulties with hedge funds; Benefits from fund-of-funds alternative; Introduction of a type of fee structure for fund-of-funds alternative.
- Is size a factor in hedge fund performance? Gregoriou, Greg N.; Rouah, Fabrice // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p301
Examines the returns of hedge funds and funds of hedge funds from 1994 to 1999 to determine whether fund size has an effect on its performance. View of academics on fund size; Examples of mammoth hedge funds; Correlation between the Sharpe and Treynor ratios.
- Happy Hedging. Filimonov, Mikhail // Financial Planning;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on hedge fund investment. Increase in Hedge Fund Index in 2001; Principal attractions of hedge funds; Elements of arbitrage trade.
- Hedge Funds Slid 0.52% in July. // American Banker;8/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 162, p11
Reports on hedge fund indexes in the United States in July 2001. LJH hedge fund indexes; Dow Jones industrial average.
- Hedge Funds Help Firms Hold Managers. Greene, Andrew // Investment Management Weekly;10/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p4
Deals with the plan of United States mutual fund firms to offer hedge funds and related products in order to prevent portfolio managers from moving to other existing hedge funds.