Islamic Bonds Lure Global Investors
- Cleveland Becomes Research Epicenter. Burton, Paul // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/22/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 39, p1
The article offers information on Cleveland as a birthplace of almost a dozen firms specializing in debt research and equity in Ohio in 2010. The firms tailor their research for hedge funds, mutual funds and other institutional investors. For some analysts, the move of some firms to Cleveland...
- Forget Soros: Hedge funds are booming. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;05/08/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the growth of hedge funds in New York City. Increase in number in 2000; Value of funds under management; Growth spurred by investors' desire to diversify their portfolios; Investors' return to hedge funds for protection against a maturing bull market.
- Hedge fund investments set to take-off. Tyson-Chan, Darin // Money Management;9/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p8
Discusses the results on the survey on investments in alternative assets by investors in Australia. Increase use of hedge funds; Rate of funds currently allocated to alternatives; Citations of Australian investors' bias towards property.
- Bustle in the hedgerow grows. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/1/2005, p73
Assesses the performance of international hedge fund industry. State of hedge fund industries in the United States and Great Britain; Average returns of hedge fund; Comparison between hedge funds and equity funds; Rules of the hedge fund game; Characteristics that will draw retail investors to...
- Man Group raises China funds under Shanghai's QDLP. // Asia Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports on the success of the Great Britain-headquartered Man Group in attracting funds from institutional onshore Chinese investors under Shanghai's experimental QDLP program.
- Hedge Fund Power Shift Could Be A Good Thing. CURTIS, CAROL E. // Securities Industry News;5/18/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4
The author reflects on the shift of power to investors in hedge funds. She mentions that greater oversight is now implemented by investors in order to protect their interests amidst the financial crisis. She points out that such a shift in power could result to greater interest alignment between...
- Hedge Fund Investment: Multistrategy vs. Fund of Funds. Frank, Jeremy // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on the two options for investors to gain diversified exposure to multiple hedge fund strategies. These strategies are multistrategy funds and hedge fund of funds. It also stresses that the pros and cons of each implementation method are weighed in order to help investors make...
- Are They Really All That Super? Kelly, Susan // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
The article discusses the importance of hedge funds as an investment option among American investors. Hedge funds have become the superheroes of the investment world, producing outsized returns using a combination of rocket science and leverage. Of course, there's a darker side, as evidenced by...
- Editorial. Satchell, Stephen E. // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p196
Presents information on hedge funds from a consultant's perspective. Factors considered by investors in examining the flow of funds.