APPARATUS & COMPONENTS
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p134
The article presents news briefs related to fire fighting departments. A fire fighting truck E-ONE Bronco has been bought by the Fire Department of Brooklyn, Ohio. The 23-foot rescue truck that has been delivered to the Fire Department of Marinette, Wisconsin has a weather station. A Cummins...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p134
The author reports on fire fighting equipment which is being used by fire departments throughout the United States. The various pieces of equipment which are discussed in the article include a quick attack/ medical rescue unit, a air/light truck manufactured by SVI Trucks Inc. and a pumper which...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p172
Features equipments in fire department in the U.S. Uses of the U.S. Tanker Rescue Pumper by the Lake Township Fire Department; Features of the American La France by the Ville de Longueil; Significance of the Sutphen apparatus by the Frankfort fire & EMS Department.
- Pump Size Really Does Matter. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p10
The article looks at the benefits of buying a big fire pump for fire departments in the United States. These include the following: better Insurance Services Office ratings for fire departments; improved water supply; ability to handle large fires; capacity for future growth and excellent resale...
- Apparatus Upgrades: Refurbishment of New? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p49
Presents a guideline in refurbishing the apparatus for fire extinction. Levels of refurbishment; Caution in checking different parts of the apparatus; Considerations on whether a device needs an upgrade.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p150
Provides information related to the equipment and apparatus used by the Ashbury Community Fire Department in Dubuque, Iowa. Dimensions of the Enforcer chassis; Engine specifications of the department's fire trucks; Total volume holding capacity of the fire engines; Shields and floodlights.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p151
The article evaluates several fire engines from various fire departments in the U.S. including the Smeal pumper from Fire District 8 in Laramie County, Wyoming, Ferrara pumper designed by the Fire Rescue Department in Gila Bend, Arizona and the American Lafrance pumper from Richmond Engine 1 in...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p141
This section offers news briefs on apparatus deliveries to fire departments across the U.S. It outlines the features and equipment of the two HME pumpers of Skagit County Fire District 3 in Washington. A description of the two pumpers and one wildland interface vehicle of the Redlands Fire...
- Industrial-Strength Equipment for Industrial-Strength Operations. SHELLEY, CRAIG H. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p101
In the article the author discusses firefighting equipment used for industrial-strength fire services. He says that when dealing with larger scale fires, fire departments should have deck guns that can allow the maximum capacity flow coming from the pumper. He cites that portable around-the-pump...