PACHECO ROSS' DUMFRIES STATION
- Fort Washington Fire Company. // Fire Chief;Nov2013, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p61
The article discusses the architectural design of the Fort Washington Fire Co. located in Upper Dublin Township, Pennsylvania, which has received the Gold Award for Volunteer Service under the 2013 Station Style Design Awards, designed by Pacheco Ross Architects PC.
- Silver Lake Fire District. // Fire Chief;Nov2013, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p66
The article discusses the architectural design of the Silver Lake Fire District located in Middletown, New York State, which has received the Bronze Award for Volunteer Service under the 2013 Station Style Design Awards, designed by Pacheco Ross Architects PC.
- RENOVATION/ADDITIONS NORTH AMITYVILLE FIRE COMPANY. // Fire Chief;Nov2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p128
The article features the architectural design of North Amityville Fire Co. in New York. The station, designed by Pacheco Ross Architects PC and Mitchell Ross Associates Architects PC, has needed any further additions and renovations to address modern, larger apparatus, and an expanded mission....
- How to prepare a fire station for flood conditions (with related video). Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/20/2013, p1
The article discusses how fire departments can design a flood-proof station or at least prepare for flood damage. The impact of flood conditions in Colorado on the neighboring departments of the Boulder Rural Fire Protection District is detailed. The design of the fire station on Barrier Island,...
- NEW FIRE STATION KENT ISLAND VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT INC. // Fire Chief;Nov2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p86
The article features the Kent Island Volunteer Fire Department Inc. (KIVFD) in Stevensville, Maryland. The department, designed by Pacheco Ross Architects PC and Mitchell Ross Associates Architects PC, includes the community room accommodating volunteer events and filling a regional void for...
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p9
Features several equipment for use in fire stations in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- Industry Calendar. // Fire Engineering;Apr2010, Vol. 163 Issue 4, Special section p8
A calendar of events for the U.S. firefighting sector from April to October 2010 is presented including the Marine South trade show, NW Fire Rescue Expo and the Firehouse Expo.
- River Oaks Station Combines Training, Trust. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/20/2011, p1
The article reports on an open house hosted by the Dumfries Triangle Volunteer Fire Department and the Dumfries-Triangle Rescue Squad for Virginia community members to tour at the new River Oaks Fire and Rescue Station No. 23. Dennis Ross of Pacheco Ross Architects PC says that even though they...
- The Job of a Firefighter. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Oct2008, Vol. 78, Special section p2
This article presents facts about firefighters. Firefighters extinguish fires in a burn building, a special building that is set on fire and used for training. They stay overnight at the fire station. They sleep in beds called bunks. To stay safe, firefighters wear turnout gear. The gear...