STATION STYLE: Fire Station Design and Construction 2006 AWARDS
- Kern County adds inside-out bay doors, individual sleeping quarters to fire station design. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/19/2013, p4
The article describes the design of the renovated Kern County Fire Department's Fire Station No. 65 in California in 2013.
- Steele Creek Acres VFD replacing Station One. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/22/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the construction of a 40-ft. by 40-ft. metal building by Steele Creek Acre Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) as replacement for its original station that was lost in a fire on March 21, 2010.
- Designs of the times. WILMOTH, JANET // Fire Chief;Nov2013, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including fire stations, the 2013 Station Style Design Awards and Manhattan, Kansas Fire House Number Five.
- Va. Department Modernizes an Old Plan for a New Station. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/20/2012, p3
The article reports on the modernized Antioch Fire & Rescue Station No. 24 of the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue in Virginia. The new design of the facility is based on a prototype that LeMay Erickson Willcox first developed in 1988 and was adopted for the 21st-century....
- Texas department builds new fire station with community support, grant dollars. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/19/2013, p3
The article reports on the construction of a 9,600-square-foot fire station for the Ponder Volunteer Fire Department in Texas with the help of some community members, corporate grants from CoServ Electric and ConocoPhillips, and a bank loan, according to the "Denton Record-Chronicle."
- Tradition is Overrated. Katz, Jeff; Complin, Nathan // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;8/ 1/2011, p11
The article discusses issues concerning the use of the design-build method on fire departments in California as of August 2011. One entity is contractually responsible for both design and construction under a single contract, in design-build. Design-build was the method chosen by city leaders in...
- FIRE CHIEF accepting entries for 2013 Station Style Design Awards. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/16/2013, p1
The article reports that entries to the 2013 Station Style Design Awards of "FIRE CHIEF" magazine in categories including volunteer stations, combination stations, and career stations, are being accepted until August 24.
- Holden Brings Public-Safety Agencies on Common -- and Green -- Ground. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/6/2012, p12
The article narrates how Holden, a fast-growing suburb of Worcester, Massachusetts has been trying to improve its fire and police facilities. It states that Mitchell Associates constructed a 2-story, 35,600-square-foot structure with the fire department apparatus bay easily and directly access...
- BUILDING BLOODLINE. Webb, Kane // Louisville Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p18
A timeline of events is presented that relate to the construction of the Louisville Fire Department in Kentucky from 1936 to 1981 including the commencement of its construction in 1936, its completion in 1937 and its addition to the National Register due to its architecture and history.