- Inviting Club Design Is a Key Part of Putting Prospective Members at Ease. Carter, Bruce // Club Industry;Apr2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p30
The article focuses on the issue of the importance of health club membership, environmental design in the facility, and club equipments in the U.S. It notes that designs, colors, and lighting in a club facility can initiate members to feel interested and comfortable, particularly in the lobby...
- Outfitting Fire Department Fitness Centers. Atkinson, William // Fire Chief;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p65
Outlines some of the ways fire departments have found to fund their fitness center equipment purchases. Collaboration between fire department, risk management and a local community college; Government grants; Donations; Other sources; Option to repair existing equipment.
- The 'Issue' Is Membership $ales. Rhodes, Ronale Tucker // Fitness Management;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p30
The article addresses the issue of membership sales faced by fitness facility operators in the U.S. The three industry trends affecting membership sales are the role of technology, the change in demographics, and the introduction of innovative exercise equipment. It is important for operators to...
- THE PRICE OF PUMPING IRON. WUEBBEN, JOE // Muscle & Performance;Oct2015, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p18
The article lists the top five most expensive and least expensive areas for fitness club memberships, including Corpus Christi, Texas and Santa Ana, California, and Reno, Nevada.
- Calendar Kick-Off. Coffman, Sandy // Club Industry (07478283);Jul2002, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p18
Talks about creating an exercise program to help increase membership and member retention in health clubs. Kinds of focus groups; Importance of having the right staff to implement the program.
- Passport Program Helps Express Clubs. Shaver, Jennifer // Fitness Business Pro;Sep2004, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the Hydraulic-Only Passport Program for hydraulic clubs members in the U.S. and Canada. Features of the program; Procedure for using and availing of the program.
- Release Bars Action Against 24 Hour Fitness. // Exercise Standards & Malpractice Reporter;Jan2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on the personal injury, contract and breach of warranty action filed against fitness center 24 Hour Fitness by its member. Exercise equipment and services offered by the facility; Provision contained in the Club Membership Agreement of the center; Issues sought by the...
- To exercise at home, or away? Chu, Leslie C. // Christian Science Monitor;9/26/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 212, p18
Discusses the cost-effectiveness of buying exercise equipment and joining a gym.
- WELL FIT. // Gay Community News;Jan2007, Issue 205, p9
The article features the Crunch Fitness Premiere gym in Dublin's Temple Bar in Dublin, Ireland. The gym features the latest high technology equipment, computerized workout assistance, attentive trainers, golden showers, a pool area that impress the Playboy mansion and the finest classes...