Exclusivity is Key to Exempt Status
- CHAPTER 6: Choose a Name and File Your Articles of Incorporation. Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;5/ 1/2011, p103
The article discusses the process for forming a nonprofit corporation in California. Corporations should be established first before applying for state and federal tax exemptions. The California Secretary of State will be responsible for the approval of corporate names following the submission...
- FORM: Incorporation Checklist. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation;2013, pC3
An incorporation checklist for the U.S. nonprofit organizations is presented which appears in the book "How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation." It includes information related to selecting one's business name, preparing articles of incorporation and obtaining tax exemption from state corporate...
- How to Start a Nonprofit. KEIL, AMANDA // Classical Singer;Jan2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the six steps to turn the project into a full-fledge nonprofit organization. It says that first thing to do is to look at what are other projects are in active in the are and examine who is doing what kind of work in the city. It states that one of the stakeholders should be...
- CHAPTER 6: Choose a Name and File Your Articles of Incorporation. Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, p103
The article presents information on the formation of nonprofit corporation in the state of California. It is suggested that the first step involves selecting a name for the nonprofit and then to file articles of incorporation with the California Secretary of State. It is also suggested to...
- "F" is for fiduciary, not fail. Kinsella, Gail // Business Journal (Central New York);11/6/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p10
The article highlights how fiduciary responsibility is achieved in forming or leading a nonprofit organization. It emphasizes the importance of solid planning. It points out the significance of the articles of incorporation and bylaws, and the consultation with a certified public accountant...
- Celebrating 20 years of community service in San Diego County. Feldman, America Barceló // La Prensa San Diego;8/7/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the 20th year anniversary celebration of non-profit volunteer organization Bomberos de San Diego County in California. It cites that the celebration would include a gala which is intended to honor the seven founders of the group and give away scholarships to three...
- APPENDIX B: How to Locate Incorporation Resources Online. Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation;2013, p227
An appendix is presented on how the U.S. nonprofit organizations can get information on their state office website and corporate offices for filing articles of incorporation.
- FORM: Cover Letter for Filing Articles. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;2015, p1
A sample cover letter for filing articles of incorporation to the California Secretary of State is presented.
- Tax exemptions to nonprofits in Maine argued. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/16/96, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p26
Reports on a lawsuit challenging a Maine law that denies tax exemptions to non-profit groups that mainly serve out-of-state residents. Violation of the commerce clause; Denial of appeals related to education.