- Brave deeds by NY's Bravest. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on fire fighters in New York. Author's experience where he witnessed the courage of firefighters during a fire accident in his building; Success in saving everybody inside a burning building; Readiness to respond in every call of emergency.
- "Walking" for Safety in Fire Structures. MARTIN, NICHOLAS A. // Fire Engineering;Apr2015, Vol. 168 Issue 4, p151
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of combating with fire.
- On-the-Job Training. CIAMPO, MICHAEL N. // Fire Engineering;Apr2015, Vol. 168 Issue 4, p160
A personal narrative is presented which explores the experience of the author of combating with fire being a firefighter.
- Holidays, weather bring big business to KFD. Heffley, Anna // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/27/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p2
The article reports on the weather condition in Kyle, Texas which keeps its firefighter alert. The Kyle Fire Departments (KDF) said that the absence of rain increases fire-related accidents. Mike Vasil, assistant chief of KFD, a training is needed to help firefighters prepare for real-life...
- REDUCING THE FIREFIGHTER INJURY AND DEATH RATES, PART 2. // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p26
Provides statistical information to reduce firefighter injuries and death rates during the occurrence of fire in the U.S. Factors contributing to the majority of firefighter deaths and injuries; Emphasis on firefighter health and fitness; Comprehensive training of firefigthers in emergency...
- Leicester tragedy raises residential alarm. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
This article informs that the issue of residential smoke alarms or lack of them was brought into sharp focus in April 2004, with the tragic loss of five members of the same family in a house fire in Leicester, England. Some thirty firefighters tackled the blaze at the house in the Rowley Fields...
- FIREFIGHTER JUMPS FROM BURNING BUILDING. SEPARATES SPINE FROM SKULL. Yuan, Jada // New York;6/19/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p66
The article relates the story of firefighter Eugene Stolowski as he jumped from a burning building in Bronx, New York City to get out from the fire. He jumped 50 feet, in which it broke the bones in his legs and tore up his knee and pelvis. His attending physician, Roger Hartl, found that he...
- Ankara hospital catches fire. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;5/23/2016, p1
The article reports that a fire broke out in a hospital in Turkey's capital Ankara and states that firefighters brought the fire under control in the hospital and a large number of patients were evacuated to other departments while there were no reported injuries and investigations are underway.
- The Day the Match Was Struck. Bennett, Valerie Bryant // Good Old Days;Jan/Feb2017, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.