- COMPANY NEWS. // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the fire fighting equipment industry. HMHTTC Response Inc. has opened a new center that will provide emergency response for its clients in Dallas-Fort Worth area. An agreement has been signed between Adashi, a division of Optimetrics Inc., and the...
- Pacific Northwest contracts for engines, tenders, and crews. Masoner, Arnie // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the need for firefighting contractors by Pacific Northwest and other areas of the United States for wildland fire suppression. Reason for turning to the private sector; Problems involved in contracting fire control equipment; Estimated number of contractors in the western part of the...
- The right stuff. // All Hands;Aug98, Issue 976, p20
Provides information on the No-Foam Kit developed by the Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center for fire management. Capabilities and applications of the product; Product features; Benefits that the product offers; Comparison between the Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) and the No-Foam Kit.
- Company news. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p156
Presents brief news on the fire fighting equipment industry in the United States as of January 1995. Angus Fire's Alcoseal AR-FFFP fire-fighting foam's role in the extinguishing of a fire in Bristol, England; Westinghouse Electric Co.'s delivery of its first Aircraft Rescue Micro-FLIR enhanced...
- Buyers guide. // Fire Engineering;Jan1997, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p117
Presents the directories of manufacturers and dealers of fire service products, and fire service agencies, associations and organizations in the United States.
- Company association news. // Fire Engineering;Jan1997, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p228
Presents news items related to the fire fighting equipment industry in the United States. Includes Robert G. Bohn's appointment as president of Pierce Manufacturing Inc.; Testing of a fully integrated flow management control system by MC Products; Relocation of Nederman Inc.; Website launched...
- Company association news. // Fire Engineering;Oct97, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p137
Reports on fire equipment industry. Company which was acquired by Spartan Motors Inc.; Appointed president of Elkhart Brass Manufacturing Company; Address of the National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED).
- Company. Association news. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p119
Presents news items concerning the firefighting equipment industry as of June 1998. Includes the ownership of Workrite Uniform Co. by its President Ken Wenzel and Vice President Laura Kinney; Merger of Safety Vision Inc. with competitor Omni Industries Inc.; Address of R.D. Murray Fire Apparatus.
- Apparatus Specifications: Avoiding the Pitfalls. Adams, Bill // Fire Engineering;Feb2008, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p79
The article discusses the writing of proposed specifications for a fire apparatus by a fire department which is seeking to purchase new equipment from a manufacturer. The standards of the National Fire Protection Association are recommended to be used as a starting point. Six guidelines for...