NIMS Seeks Comment on Credentials
- NIMS Seeks Comment on Credentials. // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that initial eligibility criteria has been released by Integration Center of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency's National Incident Management System for fire and hazmat personnel. About 17 positions have been anticipated by Credentialing Working Group of the U.S....
- FEMS/USFA completes final round of grants. // Fire Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p38
Reports the final round of grants awarded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the United States Fire Administration under the Assistance to Firefighters Grants Program. Uses of the grants; Resilience of fire fighters during the aftermath of the terrorist attacks; List of grant...
- USFA changes Executive Fire Officer Program curriculum. // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the changes in the curriculum of the Executive Fire Officer (EFO) Program made by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and U.S. Fire Administration. Reasons for changes; Courses offered by the EFO program.
- 10th round of grants totals more than $35M. // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the 10th round of U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency and Fire Administration's 2002 Assistance to Firefighter Grant awards. Estimated fire departments that will receive the grant; Funding level for fire departments; Efforts to increase the effectiveness of firefighting operations.
- USFA recommends responder H1N1 vaccinations. // Fire Engineering;Dec2009, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p36
The article presents updates on the recommendation of the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) firefighters providing Emergency Medical Services (EMS) should receive H1N1 vaccination. According to U.S. Fire Administrator Kelvin J. Cochran the move will...
- FEMA names new NFA board members. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p30
Reports the announcement of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) of the names of the members of the US Fire Administration's National Fire Academy (NFA) Board of Visitors. Appointment of Billy Frost, Donald Oliver and Neil Svetanics to the board; Reappointment of other board members;...
- A white paper to the National Fire Academy Boards of... // Fire Engineering;Apr98, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p63
Provides information on the white paper prepared for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) US Fire Administration's (USFA) National Fire Academy (NFA) Board of Visitors (BOV). Background of the USFA/NFA; Purpose of the white paper; Significant challenges experienced by NFA; Other...
- USFA to add chief operating officer position. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p32
Reports on the creation of the chief operating officer position at the United States Fire Administration, a part of the US Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- NVFC warns FEMA/USFA funding in danger. // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p37
Reports that the congressional budget debate has endangered funding of the US Fire Administration, a division of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Report from the National Volunteer Fire Council in collaboration with the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Congressional...