THE FAT SLOW PITCH
- 20 Funds to Sell. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, Special section p1
The author illustrates the 20 types of funds not worthy of the investor's patience. The author mentions that while the "Morningstar FundInvestor" has a list of funds with sustainable advantages, the Analyst Picks list, the 20 types of funds shown in this article are in the Analyst Pans list....
- Italy. // EuroProperty;2004, p37
This article focuses on Italy's property fund management sector. The rise and rise of Italy's property fund management sector continues apace. Last year the sector was only worth 4.3bn euro, but assets under management in the first half of this year alone climbed to 5.5bn euro. And international...
- Pressure points: Who will feel the price squeeze most? Macdonald, Sam // Fundweb;2/7/2014, p6
The article discusses lowered costs by investment platforms which may lead to poor quality of products as well as services. Fund managers argue that there is a price for active fund management and reductions in prices may result in reduction in the quality of products. According to Investec UK...
- The Real Mutual Fund Dream Team. Rosenberg, Yuval // Fortune;6/16/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 12, p66
Introduces eight portfolio managers who make money consistently from picking stocks. How the mutual fund managers generated positive returns; Advice to investors; Their focus on the fundamentals and keeping expenses low; Overview of equity funds with a heavy bias toward value; Portfolio management.
- Pulling the plug. Lim, Paul J. // U.S. News & World Report;9/17/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p58
Focuses on mutual fund losses as of September 17, 2001. Number of mutual funds that have merged or liquidated this year, according to mutual fund tracker Morningstar; Reasons that investors are not waiting out the poor performance of mutual funds; Example of Internet stock portfolios that are...
- Kicking the Tires to Get Results. // Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Analyzes the investment structure of FPA Crescent Fund. Percentage of asset class guidelines in stocks; Earnings expectations of fund manager Steve Romick for a period of 3 years; Equity investment of the company.
- Investors making increasingly cautious choices. // Fund Strategy;10/6/2008, p10
The article reports on the caution arises in most investors in their choice of funds. According to the August 2008 investment fund statistics by Investment Management Association (IMA), the absolute return sector was the most popular domiciled net retail sector with inflows of Â£150.3m. It...
- ï¿½or trust your fund manager. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;9/27/2002, p8
Presents arguments in favor of an actively managed investment portfolios in South Africa. Success in beating the stock market; Comparison of the merits of active and passive investing by mutual funds; Measures taken by the unit trust industry to address the needs of small investors.
- GIANTS STRIVE FOR WORLD DOMINATION. // Accountancy;Dec1996, Vol. 118 Issue 1240, p46
Deals with appeal of the investment trust sector to investors in Great Britain. Performance of venture capitalist 3i; Consequence of action to create shareholder value at Kleinwort European Privatisation; Recommendations by NatWest Securities.