Dogfight Over The Emirates
- AIRLINE BRIEFS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Feb2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p165
This section offers news briefs pertaining to airlines, including Emirates' offering of direct services to Lyon, France, the expansion of Perth Qantas' lounge, and Etihad Airways' offering of high-speed broadband service.
- AIRLINE BRIEFS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jul2012, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p176
This section offers news briefs on airlines including the launch by Emirates of a direct flight to Barcelona from Dubai, plan by Etihad Airways to fly direct to Brazil from Abu Dhabi and introduction of Maun's direct flights from Johannesburg.
- Shadowboxing. Kingsley-Jones, Max // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/11/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 37, p49
This article discusses rival international air carriers in the Persian Gulf. The article discusses the airlines Etihad and Qatar Airways, describing their competition with the growing Emirates Airline carrier. Information is provided on the geography and government support of all three carriers,...
- Busy skies. Tomlinson, Hugh // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/29/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the competitiveness of Etihad Airways. Etihad is one of the three biggest airline carriers in the Middle East. The airline claims that the acquisition of 12 new wide-body aircraft will enable it to achieve its goals to break even by 2010. A comparison of Etihad and rival...
- Emirates and Etihad eye Australia. // Airline Business;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p25
The article provides information on a bilateral agreement between Australia and the United Arab Emirates which gives Emirates rights to add 35 weekly flights and Etihad 21 weekly flights by 2010. Emirates now operates 49 weekly flights from its Dubai hub to four Australian gateways with 28 of...
- Airlines - a sector in free fall? // Credit Management;Nov2014, p37
The article reports on the competition faced by European airlines from foreign airlines, including the airlines Emirates and Etihad in the long haul market, and data released by the credit insurer Coface showing European airlines as the least profitable in the world.
- AIRLINE NEWS. // Business Traveller (Middle East edition);Sep2015, p17
The article offers news briefs related to airlines in the Middle East including Etihad Airways PJSC reopening of its refurbished First and Business Class Lounge at Abu Dhabi Airport's Terminal 1, Emirates' link with Bamako to its four-times weekly Dakar services from October 25, 2015 and Qatar...
- Get ready for Middle East airline domination. Sanati, Cyrus // Fortune.com;
The article discusses the growth of Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Etihad, the three major Persian Gulf airline carriers, and the threat they pose to the U.S. airline industry. Topics include the luxury of the efficient wide-body jets Persian Gulf carriers offer at competitive ticket prices, the...
- ACCC OKs EY, EK alliances. // Travel Daily;5/17/2012, p2
The article reports on the approval of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) on the proposed alliances Emirates and Flydubai, as well as Etihad Airways PJSC and airberlin, in marketing their products in the country.