- With urban China focus, Jiang elevator ads have nowhere to go but up. Madden, Normandy // Advertising Age;3/27/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 13, p40
The article reports on the outcome of the initial public offering (IPO) of Shanghai, China-based advertising agency Focus Media on Nasdaq in July 2005. After raising $172 million from its IPO, Focus Media became China's largest publicly quoted advertising company. Since the IPO, Jason Jiang, CEO...
- Media: profile - Jiang moves from small screens to big dreams. Murphy, James // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/27/2007, p115
The article offers information on the efforts of Jason Jiang, chief executive officer of Foucs Media Inc., in making Focus Media China's leading media conglomerates. It is noted that since launching China's largest out-of-home television network in 2003, Jiang has relentlessly driven the company...
- For an up-and-coming ad player, the only place to be is China. Creamer, Matthew // Advertising Age;7/11/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the popularity of China among advertising companies as of July 2005. Business condition of Shanghai-based advertising agency Focus Media; Chinese companies that expand in the U.S.; Forecast on the advertising market in China.
- Dentsu allies with Focus. Blecken, David // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/7/2008, p6
The article reports on the consolidation of the digital advertising operations of Dentsu Co. and Hua Kuang Advertising Co., a Focus Media subsidiary to better serve clients in China. The newly formed agency called Digit Ones will take advantage on the growth of Internet users and will focus on...
- China's Focus adds to ads via Infoachieve. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/18/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 21, p12
This article reports that Focus Media Holding, which owns and operates the largest out-of-home audiovisual advertising network in China, has agreed to acquire Infoachieve Ltd. for up to $183 million to further grow its footprint in the fast-growing Chinese advertising market. Infoachieve's...
- Focus Media faces $3 million dilemma. Friedman, Wayne // Advertising Age;3/6/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 10, preceding p1
Reports on the financial difficulties of Focus Media advertising agency. Tardiness in paying television stations for advertising time; Loss of business, including that of DreamWorks Pictures; Status of the Sears, Roebuck & Co. account. INSET: Preceding.
- Case Pending. Feuer, Jack // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/3/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p9
Reports on developments in the case between Focus Media and client Sears, Roebuck & Co. Sears' firing of Focus together with a lawsuit against the agency for breach of contract; Issue on sequential liability according to the American Association of Advertising Agencies; Case background.
- Case Pending. Feuer, Jack // Adweek New England Edition;04/03/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p9
Discusses the legal dispute between Sears, Roebuck & Co. and Focus Media on an advertising-related issue. Policy of the American Association of Advertising Agencies on advertising agency's sequential liability for unpaid media bills; Implication of the policy to the advertising industry;...
- Turning 1 million screens into 1 million stores. Chan, Cindy Yan // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Dec2015/Jan2016, p22
In this article, the author discusses strategies of advertising agency Focus Media, as of December 2015. She states that collaboration of Focus Media with search engine company Baidu for tracking of search content and geographic location, and mentions its association with mobile technology...