- The Big Trouble In Small Loans. Kiviat, Barbara; Farooq, Omer // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/16/2008, Issue 23, p49
The author reports on microfinancing, the practice of banks making small loans to poor people throughout the world. Increases which have occurred in the number of banks marketing microfinancing products to the poor are discussed. Concerns which have been raised regarding companies becoming...
- Microlending in Germany. Kreuz, Claudia // Microlending in Germany;2006, preceding p1
Microlending originated in developing countries and is now increasingly applied in industrialized nations. Its main objective lies in the provision of financial services, especially small loans, to those parts of the population which do not have bank access. Traditional banks do not offer small...
- 4. Strategies to improve microfinance in Germany. Kreuz, Claudia // Microlending in Germany;2006, p19
The article suggests strategies for improving the microfinance in Germany. The author believes that microfinance can be more efficient if it uses public funds rather than unemployment benefits. She argues that the non-profit status of business incubators inhibit them from selecting good...
- GROUNDS FOR CREDIT STRATEGIES FORMATION IN A BANK. Grebenyuk, L. A. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Dec2011, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p208
The article considers the notion of credit strategy in a bank in the context of the necessity to review the approaches to its formation after the recent financial crisis. Directions and propositions regarding such changes are given.
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;5/21/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p5
Presents term sheets as of May 21, 2001. Calpine Construction Finance; Century Business Services Inc.; Nash Finch Co.; Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.; Others.
- Loanbase Statistics -- Syndicated US Loans. // Bank Loan Report;3/1/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p4
Presents several loanbase statistics on syndicated loans in the U.S. as of February 26, 2004. Number of packages; Total dollars; Total packages.
- Closed Loans (February 19 - February 26, 2004). // Bank Loan Report;3/1/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
Presents key statistics on closed loans in the U.S. for the period of February 19, 2004, to February 26, 2004. Corporations that were issued the syndicated loans; Financial services firms and banks that issued the loans; Maximum and minimum spread for the loans.
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Presents information on terms of bank loans in the U.S. as of March 8, 2004. Amount; Type of loan; Purpose; Pricing; Date of maturity.
- BANK LOAN REPORT. // Bank Loan Report;7/30/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p6
A list of loan amounts offered by companies offering financial services in the U.S. is presented. Dallas, Texas-based Atlas Energy Corp. and its other of business fields including oil and gas exploration and production has closed the total amount of $850 million. Cheniere Energy Inc. which is...