People in the News
- Advertising & sales. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p26
Highlights the promotions of four executives from separate publishing companies in the United States. Names of the executives; Positions they will assume.
- Nial Ferguson gains Future publishing director role. // Marketing Week;2/12/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p31
The article announces that Nial Ferguson has been promoted to the position of publishing director, Technology and Entertainment Lifestyle at Future.
- Climbing the association ladder. Graham, Anne // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p27
Suggests six career-expanding approaches for association-magazine staffers who feel the need to become more visible to the association itself. Demonstrating knowledge about the business; Polishing verbal skills; Finding a mentor in upper management; Winning awards; Making friends in high...
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p5
Reports on career changes in the publishers and publishing industry in the U.S. Appointment of Kyle Good as vice president for corporate communications and media relations at Scholastic Inc.; Designation of Lisa Gallagher as publisher of the William Morrow, HarperEntertainment and Eos imprints...
- NEWS PEOPLE. Moynihan, Shawn // Editor & Publisher;Nov2007, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p17
The article reports on career developments involving publishing executives in the U.S., including the appointment of Michael LaBonia as senior vice president/advertising for the "San Francisco Chronicle," the selection of Dean R. Spencer as vice president of advertising for corporate accounts...
- Staff Changes At Food Logistics. // Food Logistics;1/15/2002, Issue 47, p12
Reports on the staff changes at the 'Food Logistics' magazine as of January 2002. Employee promoted to be the publisher of the magazine; Contributing editor who has been named managing director; Employee who joined the staff as sales manager for the Midwest and Western territories.
- New leaders take the helm at Automotive News Europe. // Automotive News;7/2/2012, Vol. 86 Issue 6523, p3
The article announces that Automotive News Europe has promoted Nina Sauer to publisher and Luca Ciferri as the editor-in-chief of the company.
- Lotz replaces Francschelli at Dutton. // Publishers Weekly;10/20/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 43, p29
Reports that Karen Lotz has been appointed president and publisher at Dutton Children's Books. Lotz' background at Dutton; Authors with whom she has worked.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;6/19/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p6
Career developments involving employees in the U.S. publishing industry are discussed. Virginia Stanley was appointed as the new director of the Academic & Library Marketing at HarperCollins Publishers Inc. and will be reporting to Diane Burrowes. Christine Carswell was named publisher at...