- The Flight to Quantity. Curtis, Richard // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p26
Discusses the status of publishing of books in the United States as of October 2000. Impact of electronic books, print-on-demand technology and the Internet to the publishing of books; Views on self-publishing; Comment about the condition of the electronic-book industry.
- A New Hope For Books. // Wired;Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p62
The author reflects on the emergence of social publishing in the digital age. He points out that electronic books (ebooks) will sustain the existence of the publishing industry. He explains the role of print-on-demand in social publishing. He mentions a 169% increase in the number of...
- Do we need book in the modern world. Tomachinsky, Simeon // Politeja;2012, Vol. 19, p209
In his report, Hieromonk Simeon (Tomachinsky), director of one of the largest religious publishing houses in Russia, raises the question about the future of the book. Will a traditional book be able to compete with electronic books, video, and the Internet? One gets the impression that the young...
- La industria editorial frente al libro electrÃ³nico. Franganillo, Jorge // El Profesional de la InformaciÃ³n;jul/aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p416
Books, reading and the publishing industry are experiencing changes motivated by technological advancement. The content has been separated from the media and, therefore, the publishing industry has had to alter its logistic structure, based on physical distribution until recently. Print on...
- Print-on- demand is opening a new door for brand messages. Davies, Russell // Campaign;3/26/2010, Issue 12, p20
In this article, the author discusses the implications of improving print-on-demand technologies for media and publishing businesses.
- 2001: A Tech Odyssey. Quinn, Jay // Lambda Book Report;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on gblt publishing. Reference to the book `2001: A Space Odyssey,' by Stanley Kubrick; Expansion of gblt-savvy small-to-mid-sized publishers; Technological innovations for gblt authors; Opportunities offered to gblt authors by print-on-demand companies.
- What you need to know. Harnish, John F. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb2003, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p37
Presents several guidelines in publishing a book. Services offered by print-on-demand publishers; Importance of in-house book-production facilities to publishers; Methods of publication.
- Building the New Business Model. LICHTENBERG, JIM // Publishers Weekly;10/29/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 44, p23
The article discusses the effect of digital technology on the relationship between printers and publishers in the book industry. Technological innovations adopted in the industry include digital manufacturing and printing processes and development of content for electronic book readers. Topics...
- Amazon buys print on-demand book producer BookSurge for single sales. Ward, Gareth // Printing World;4/7/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that online bookstore Amazon.Com Inc. has bought the U.S. print on-demand book producer BookSurge LLC. The printer was founded in 2000 and has its head office in Seattle, though there are an increasing number of sites worldwide. BookSurge's business model has been to print...