Brighter Minds Adds More Licensing Accords, Up 50% in 2006
- Brighter Child Launches Kids' Imprints. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the formation of Brighter Minds Children's Publishing (BMCP), a unit of Brighter Child Interactive. Appointment of John Molish as executive sales director of BMCP; Imprints that will be releasing titles.
- PBS Partners with Brighter Minds. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;1/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the partnership established by PBS and Brighter Minds Children's Publishing for a series of books which will appear under the PBS Kids brand. The features of the books are enumerated. The cost of each title is cited. The direct-to-consumer channels where the books will be...
- Antonangeli Among New Hires At Learning Company Books. // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p14
Presents appointments for managerial positions at the Learning Company Books division of publishing company Riverdeep in the U.S. in 2003. Vivian Antonangeli, sales director; Margaret DeSantos for managing director; Anthony Thue for associate editor.
- Creative Pages. // License!;Aug2006, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p10
The article offers news briefs related to book industries and trade in the U.S. PBS Kids has collaborated with Brighter Minds Children's Publishing on a series of interactive books. Knowledge Adventure Inc. has created activity books wherein children aged eight and above can edit, illustrate and...
- Publishers ready new titles, ad rate packages for 2003. Liebman, Milton // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the business plans of the journal publishers in the U.S. Publication of magazine on diabetes and endocrine disorders; Inclusion of pharmaceutical advertising; Support of the nonprofit group on the publication of the journal.
- Marketing magic. McGuckin, Frances // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p17
Comments on the problems of the bookselling industry on independent retail booksellers in Canada. Marketing strategy of various booksellers; Importance of developing solid written and verbal communication skills; Tips in promoting bookstores.
- THE VALUE OF "CURATED" REVIEWS. Sutherland, Victoria // ForeWord Reviews;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the changes that will be implemented within the publication to provide better service to the publishing sector.
- Deciphering a confusing 'Community' of interests. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;06/19/99, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on the Community publishers, small-newspaper companies attaching the word `Community,' in their corporate names in the United States. Confusion brought by similarities of company names; Companies involved; Pros and cons of the situation; Business profiles of companies involved.
- Dollars and sense. Shiely, Joe; Reddin, George // Pit & Quarry;Jan96, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p34
Offers advice on how to get the most out of a profit plan. Importance of sales forecast in the profit planning process; Definition of budget, forecast and profit plan; How to improve profit forecasts; Common mistakes committed in profit planning; How to make a profit plan that will maximize the...