Seven Stories Has "Quiet" 2006 After Vonnegut Title Carried 2005
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;7/30/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 31, p9
The article presents publishing news briefs as of July 30, 2012. The Penguin Group of publishers has announced a decline in sales. The online bookseller Amazon.com has reported increased sales and decreased earnings. The publisher Seven Stories Press will launch a children's book imprint...
- Seven Stories to Launch Spanish-Language Imprint. // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p10
Announces the launching of `Siete Cuentos Editorial' periodical, a Spanish language imprint by Seven Stories company. Target market of the periodical; Editor-in-chief of the periodical.
- Small Publishers On a Growing Spree. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p38
Focuses on the growth of small publishers in the United States in 2000. Strategies of publisher standouts; Increase in sales at Seven Stories Press; Projected sales of Lyons Press for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2001.
- The Latin touch. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS4
Considers publishing trends in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico as of 1997. Argentina's position as the first real publishing center of South America and its apparent return from decades of economic turmoil; Details of the book market in Brazil; Depression of Colombian publishing...
- The Polish Bookmarket. Golebiewski, Lukas // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Describes the changes in the publishing and bookselling industries in Poland as of December 2001. Cause of the disintegration and dispersion of book distribution network; Consequences of contracts commissioning the distribution of books in the market; Reasons for the decline in total book...
- In the Works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
Informs on upcoming book titles in Canada and elsewhere. 'Till You Drop,' by Jessica Johnson; 'The House Is Also a Home: An Engaging Look at Curling in Canada,' by Doug Clark; Japanese rights to David Kuhl's 'What Dying People Want'; 'The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum,' by Kim Izzo and Ceri...
- What a Shelf Life! // Scholastic Scope;2/16/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the top 150 best-selling books released by the publication "USA Today" in the U.S.
- `With a little help from my friends': Training and education of professional booksellers and... Grunhagen, Hein H. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p52
Describes the training centers of booksellers and publishers in the Netherlands. Development of curriculum; Job profiles.
- Bookbytes. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p17
Reports on several book deals. Hyperion executive Will Schwalbe's book advance to female sea captain Linda Greenlaw; Writer James W. Hall's rumored three-book deal; Broadway's two-book deal with Frances Mayes; Others.