Sterling Hires Turner to Head Union Square Imprint
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 48, p3
The article presents news briefs in the U.S. publishing industry. Philip Turner, editor-in-chief of Carroll & Graf, Thunder's Mouth Press and Philip Turner Books imprints at Avalon, will join Sterling Publishing as head of Union Square Press on January 15, 2006. HarperCollins has relaunched its...
- Sterling Finds Success In Niche Categories. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 29, p72
Reports on the increased sales at Sterling Publishing despite the economic slowdown and the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Percentage of Sterling's sales that come from the backlist; Percentage of the company's business that is generated by the special sales...
- B&N Renews Its Vow To Be Major Trade Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p1
Reports on publishing company Barnes & Noble's (B&N) intentions to become the leading publisher in the U.S. Significance of the company's acquisition of Sterling Publishing; Introduction of a number of B&N branded publishing programs; Total bookstore operating profit of the company.
- Sterling Produces First NYT Bestseller With Hippie; Seeks Expansion. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p1
Reports that Sterling Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble Inc., has produced its first â€œNew York Timesâ€ bestseller â€œHippie,â€ a gift book about the 60s and 70s movement written by Barry Miles. Company expansion; Career developments of company employees;...
- Publishing Veteran DeVito Heads Up New Imprint at Sterling. // Book Publishing Report;7/31/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p4
The article presents the 2007 Sterling Innovation at Sterling Publishing which will be headed by Carlo DeVito, a publishing veteran. DeVito states that in 2007 he expects to publish between 70 and 80 books. The new imprint focus will be 90% in line with typical Sterling categories on new...
- "FAMILYFUN" CELEBRATES DISNEY AND HALLOWEEN. // Media Industry Newsletter;7/13/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 27, p10
The article reports that the August 2009 issue of "FamilyFun" magazine is the first to carry the logo of parent company Walt Disney Co. The magazine has 2.1 million circulation. Its first extension is with Barnes & Noble-owned Sterling Publishing. Another extension of the magazine is the...
- Crown Veteran Goes To Sterling Publishing. // Publishers Weekly;5/26/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 21, p15
Announces that former Crown associate publisher Andrew Martin was named publisher of Sterling in May 2003. New employees hired at Crown.
- Sterling Tabs Trelstad. // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p15
Reports on the appointment of Julie Trelstad as executive director of acquisitions at Sterling Publishing, effective on September 15, 2004. Responsibilities under the post; Previous employment.
- Sterling Gets Tube Plug with DIY. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;4/24/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the deal signed by Sterling Publishing and television network, DIY Network to publish a line of co-branded books in the U.S. in 2006. The series will be based on a smattering of the network's shows with topics ranging from doghouse building to jewelry making. DIY will be...