Houghton Mifflin Bought Out; Trade Division Future Unknown
- What's Next For Houghton Mifflin? Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/19/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p1
Relates the views of four veterans of publishing acquisitions on the sale of the publishing company Houghton Mifflin. Veronis Suhler Stevenson managing director Martin Maleska; Attorney Martin Levin; NYU Center for Publishing director Robert Baensch; Whitestone Communications president Baran Rosen.
- Educational Publishing Field Narrows. Malnig, Anita // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/26/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the merging of Houghton Mifflin Company and Reed Elsevier in the U.S. The merging was realized through the acquisition of Harcourt Education from Reed Elsevier worth $4 billion. It notes that the merging narrows the streamlined field of services offered by the company....
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.
- Houghton Mifflin Goes Up the River(deep) in A $5 Billion Venture. // Educational Marketer;12/4/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Riverdeep Group PLC, a provider of software, by Houghton Mifflin Co., a publishing firm, in the U.S. The deal is worth $5 billion and its new name will be Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep Group. Houghton Mifflin will be given better status through the...
- Market news. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar2004, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p47
Presents news briefs in the literary publishing industry as of March 2004. Launch of "Cin," a weekly magazine for Cincinnati by Gannett Co.; Release of the test issues of "Hallmark" magazine; Acquisition of supplemental tools provider Cognitive Concepts by Houghton Mifflin.
- HM Absorbs Kingfisher. // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p13
Provides information on the consolidation of the operations of the Larousse Kingfisher Chambers division of Vivendi and its acquired publishing company Houghton Mifflin. Number of employees affected by the move; Background on Kingfisher; Employees appointed to manage Kingfisher.
- ABC-CLIO "Buys" Greenwood Imprints. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;11/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p16
This article reports that the publishing company ABC-CLIO has been granted a license to use products published by the publishing company Greenwood Imprints by Greenwood parent company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Companies publishing under the Greenwood Imprints label include Greenwood Press,...
- Houghton Sales Decline 6.2% In K-12; Dip 3.2% In College Market. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the decline of K-12 sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the revenue decline; Increase of college revenue; Plan of the company to improve its K-12 sales performance.
- Houghton Mifflin Pursues Copyright Infringement in India. // Educational Marketer;4/17/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the alleged copyright infringement of the India-based firms All India Publisher and Distributors and All India Traveler Bookseller on the college textbooks of Houghton Mifflin Co. Houghton Mifflin conducted an investigation regarding the alleged continued illegal printing...