DC Comics' MINX Imprint to Target Teenage Girls in 2007
- DC Comics to unlock slew of queer. GAYS, GOTHAM // Xtra (Toronto);8/25/2011, Issue 700, p16
The article announces that DC Comics will re-launch the comic "Batwoman # 1" on September 14, 2011 as part of the re-launch of fifty-two #1 issues from its 75-repertoire of superhero stock including Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman as well as the unlocking of a slew of queer superheroes...
- My Comical Life. Levitz, Paul // Read;1/7/2011, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p21
The author relates how he became an editor, president and publisher of DC Comics. He reveals that when he was a kid, he loved reading comics and started a fan magazine about comics. He won awards for The Comic Reader and was offered by one of the editors of DC Comics to write text for his work....
- Comic action! Carter, Meg // New Media Age;5/21/2009, p16
The article focuses on the consideration of digital distribution by major comic publishers like Marvel and DC Comics in their effort to address their declining print sales. It cites the many issues these publishers face in their quest to adopt a digital strategy. It offers an overview of the...
- DC Comics Trolls for New Readers. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p24
Focuses on Showcase Presents, a reprint of series offering classic comics in black and white, packaged in 500-page trade paperbacks offered by DC Comics. Superheroes that will be featured in the first publication of the series; Price; View of DC Comics on the offering.
- DC Pushes Graphic Novel, Backlist Growth. Brownstein, Charles // Publishers Weekly;7/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 31, p17
Discusses the efforts of publishing company DC Comics to improve its sale of graphic novels. Factors that contribute to the gains of graphic novel publishing; Forecast for graphic novels by publisher Paul Levitz; Caution which the company is taking.
- The Year of the Graphic Novel. McDonald, Heidi // Publishers Weekly;12/23/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 51, p21
Discusses the sales growth of graphic novels in 2002. Bookstore sales of comics publisher Marvel; Remarks from DC Comics Publisher Paul Levitz; Implications of the growth in the bookstore market for comics publishers. INSETS: Graphic Novels by the Numbers;More Comics Come to the Big Screen in...
- D.C.'s Vertigo Marks 10 Years. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;12/23/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 51, p30
Deals with the 10th anniversary of DC Comics' Vertigo imprint. History of the Vertigo imprint; Example of popular Vertigo imprint titles; Book to be published by Vertigo to mark its anniversary.
- DC, Marvel Go For the Book Trade. Wolk, Douglas // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 42, p78
Presents information on comics companies DC/Vertigo and Marvel. Sales of DC in 2003; Plans of Marvel to introduce novels in manga format; Background on several Marvel books, including "X-Men" and "Spider-Man."
- Publishers Bring Old Comic Characters to Life in Paperback. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p6
Points out that graphic book publishers such as Miamisburg, Ohio-based Checker Book Publishing and DC Comics are bringing old comics back to life in paperbacks. Goal of Checker Book to return high-quality comics series to print; Licensing deal with Paramount Pictures Corp. to reprint the...