Revenue Grows for SES Providers; Profitability Is Tougher
- You Do the Math--I Couldn't Possibly. Swados, Liz // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p93
Presents an article on difficulties encountered in mathematics. Characteristics of a business manager hired to supervise the finances of the author; Description of the math skills of the author; Information on an instance where three little girls were hired as private tutors.
- Commentary. // Finweek;7/3/2008, p78
The article provides information on the financial performance of Naspers Ltd. in South Africa. It states that the company's revenues increased by 19%, which driven by the pay television and Internet businesses. Moreover, it mentions that the company's operating profit expanded by 15% while its...
- In brief. // Printing World;8/19/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 9, p14
Presents developments relating to finance in Great Britain. Effects of new businesses that were not registered with the inland revenue; Financial performance of General Binding Corp.; Profitability of the internet portal Yahoo!
- Leveraging Data And Resources For Improved Financial Performance. Cotis, Lucia // Business Credit;Oct2005, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on leveraging of data and resources for improved financial performance of companies. Improvement of cash flow and mitigation of risk; Adjustment of workflow.
- FINANCE. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/27/2007, Issue 323705, p7
The article reports on the net income results announced by Capital Corp. for the first quarter of 2007. Based on the statement, the net income for the quarter ending March 31, 2007 was $3.9 million or 36 cents on a diluted per share basis, a 28% decrease from the 2006 net income of $5.5 million....
- E Bay 'bids' on small-biz firms to sustain gro w t h. Krauss, Michael // Marketing News;12/8/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the financial performance of eBay Inc. for the third quarter of 2003. Growth in customer base; Merchandise sales; Approach of the company for sustaining growth.
- Tower Australia lifts profit. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;6/5/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the increased profit of Tower Australia Group Ltd. Data shows that the group's net profit has increased at 81 percent after tax of $30.9 million for the six months to March 31, 2008. The result reflects a continuous improvement in its financial performance. This indicates...
- The new value imperative for privately held companies: The why, what, and how of value management strategy. Hill, John W.; Zeller, Thomas L. // Business Horizons;Nov2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p541
Abstract: This discussion describes the why, what, and how of managing for value in privately held companies. Public companies continue to manage for value, a trend that is now pushing its way inexorably into privately held companies. First, we discuss the dynamics that are creating a...
- Goodbye to all fat. // Money Marketing;2/16/2006, p50
The article focuses on the management strategies adopted by independent financial advisers in order to squeeze on the shifting trend revenues in Great Britain. Identifying clients, targeting profitability and marketing budget are the real score in maintaining business revenues. The key principle...