Revenue Grows for SES Providers; Profitability Is Tougher
- You Do the Math--I Couldn't Possibly. Swados, Liz // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p93
Presents an article on difficulties encountered in mathematics. Characteristics of a business manager hired to supervise the finances of the author; Description of the math skills of the author; Information on an instance where three little girls were hired as private tutors.
- Commentary. // Finweek;7/3/2008, p78
The article provides information on the financial performance of Naspers Ltd. in South Africa. It states that the company's revenues increased by 19%, which driven by the pay television and Internet businesses. Moreover, it mentions that the company's operating profit expanded by 15% while its...
- Leveraging Data And Resources For Improved Financial Performance. Cotis, Lucia // Business Credit;Oct2005, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on leveraging of data and resources for improved financial performance of companies. Improvement of cash flow and mitigation of risk; Adjustment of workflow.
- Tower Australia lifts profit. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;6/5/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the increased profit of Tower Australia Group Ltd. Data shows that the group's net profit has increased at 81 percent after tax of $30.9 million for the six months to March 31, 2008. The result reflects a continuous improvement in its financial performance. This indicates...
- Liberty Posts Loss In 2009. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 68, p12
The article provides information on the financial performance of the Liberty PLC for 2009. It states the company to have incurred a net loss of 8.1 million dollars by 2009 as against the net loss of 13.7 million dollars in the previous year. It also states that the company achieved positive...
- U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Services - Others. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Services - Others;2003 4th Quarter, p163
The article presents a quarterly review of the industrial sector of the U.S. with special reference to finance and insurance services. Statistical data of some of the factors that were provided includes revenue and price, input costs and gross operating profit.
- A PRESENÃ‡A DO EFEITO FRAMING EM PRÃTICAS ORÃ‡AMENTÃRIAS: UM ESTUDO EXPERIMENTAL. Pereira, Antonio Gualberto; Adriano Leal Bruni; Joseilton Silveira da Rocha; Miguel Angel Rivera-Castro; Raimundo Nonato Lima Filho // Revista de InformaÃ§Ã£o ContÃ¡bil;out-dez2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p46
The objective of this paper is to analyze the possible presence of the framing effect on business practices related to the budget. To achieve the objective of the research experiment was conducted on a sample consisting of 99 graduate students in the city of Salvador, Bahia. Data analysis was...
- THE EFFECT OF FINANCIAL STRUCTURE ON ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. IIeana, Gojnea Violeta // Young Economists Journal / Revista Tinerilor Economisti;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p69
One of the factors that determine the performance level is the financial structure of the company. Although the role of this structure is complex and debatable, the analysis of financial structure allows us to make an initial assessment of its effect on financial performance, with implications...
- WPP reports profits rise and hits out at Publicis Omnicom Group. Montgomery, Angus // Design Week (Online Edition);8/29/2013, p5
The article offers information on the financial performance of WPP Group PLC. It states that the company reported a pre-tax profits rise of 19 percent in the first half of the 2013. It mentions that the company witnessed increased in the profits and a 5 percent increase in billings and a 2.4...